• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Store questions?

• Owner

If I get the store up and running what products would you like to see in the store?

One item that will not be there is high idle kits. That is because the cost of production is over doubled now. As for swag items, I won't be able to sell them being there is no way to do this drop shipping. The store will be built on drop shipping.

What products would you guys like to see for these trucks and I'm talking all generations?

• Staff

Dash covers really help to save my dashboard since new. It's still good  after all these years because of the cover on my 2002.

Geno's cover  however, fails on my 2001 tho because their thicker more expensive dash cover fails to cover the top of the instrument bezel. Mines cracked but still okay so I ordered Geno's best but, like I said, it leaves the  uppermost portion of the instrument bezel top exposed so cracking will continue unless I hot glue something over that area going around the top.

So need  good dash covers with  small discreet 'Mopar Man' brand lol!

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

At least I was thinking of injectors, turbos, filters (fuel, oil, and air), injection pumps, and some other engine stuff. I'm really close to getting the software configured and open. I'm learning the style and layout functions now so don't judge too harshly being it's going to be a quick and dirty setup and clean up the rest later. This can be a huge bonus for everyone products sold in the store will come with articles to support installation and diagnostics and support of the other members. Think of it there is no other vendor with a full message forum and article database to support the products I'll be selling. 

Oh... Update I've just got the PayPal processor plugged in and functional. Already tested a 5-cent product and got a few things to set up like taxes for Idaho sales. Then sadly I've got to purchase a module for the drop shipping function which I'll do soon after getting the product layout and page layout figured out...

How about injector nozzles? I don't see a lot of guys going that direction with injector upgrades but if you have a set of bosch bodies and a local shop (or someone like DAP) that can swap them and set the pressure, its not a bad way to go. I did that on the 100's I have in my truck now and just bought a set of used bosch bodies that I'm getting either some 125 or 150 nozzles for. 

How about a puke tank kit? 

Basic gauge package with pillar mount?

Center console cup holder?

• Owner
1 hour ago, 01_Cummins_4x4 said:

It would be great to continue to sell the alternator internal regulators like you have in the past.

Well... I still got a case of alternator diodes for the ones the stick out the back of the alternator. As for the ones out the side which is more common I'm out of them but could get a few in stock from aa source in Nampa, ID.

1 hour ago, 5akman said:

How about injector nozzles? I don't see a lot of guys going that direction with injector upgrades but if you have a set of bosch bodies and a local shop (or someone like DAP) that can swap them and set the pressure, its not a bad way to go. I did that on the 100's I have in my truck now and just bought a set of used bosch bodies that I'm getting either some 125 or 150 nozzles for. 

I might be able to do that let me contact a few vendors in my pile and see if I can get nozzles only.

1 hour ago, 5akman said:

How about a puke tank kit?

Best not to have a tank at all. Being that most end up overfilling and making a mess later on. Typically the tank is mounted lower than the engine which cases this issue. But maybe find a system from a vendor that might work I'll look into it possibly. 

1 hour ago, 5akman said:

Basic gauge package with pillar mount?

Easy to do but some might get a bit blown away by the prices of a kit. But I will see about getting the a-pillar set up and having a good wide range of gauges.

1 hour ago, 5akman said:

Center console cup holder?

I've most likely got a vendor that has those already I just got to get looking for stuff like this.

• Like 1

• Owner

Just an update I'm working on getting payment processors (Paypal and Stripe) installed and tested. Then I found a drop shipping module and working on getting it configured so it sends an email to the vendor in this case the test email should come to me as a test. I'm really hoping I have a base frame tested out very soon and working and be able to populate with stock from at least one vendor now. As I debug the store as days go by I'll be adding more vendors and products. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Update for today. Managed to get the drop shipping function working correctly. Now I'm working on the layout of products and populating the store with products in categories. The tough part is getting the categories to list. So you can choose 2nd Gen 24V then fuel system to buy a VP44 pump for example. I'm mentally exhausted from all the reading, searching Google for help, etc. Hopefully by the weekend ill have it going. No promises but I'm hard at work on the store.

• Like 1

• Owner

Getting closer and closer to getting it running... I'm giving up for tonight. 

I'm working on the screen layout and adding products to the different categories. It's still rough looking but it is starting to come together and look like a store. I'm starting with the most common parts for 2nd Gen 24V trucks like injectors, VP44's. I'll be releasing the store soon within a week. 

I'm going to ask again what products would you guys and gals like to see. Start giving me ideas. 

Just remember... What I'm building isn't just a store. I'll be the first that has a store with articles to back up the products and how to install them. Then you'll have support here on the forum of the products you buy. Just think about it buy a set of injectors and have the articles to back it up on how to install them. Have issues with the injectors or installing we can all help you out to get them working properly in your truck. If there is a problem with the product we will take care of you and get replacements under warranty. 

• Owner

So... @Doubletrouble let the cat out. All good! Now what am I up too? I'm going to be getting parts from many different vendors starting with DAP. Then I'll move on to Genos and other vendors I'm set up with. This will be all on drop shipping basis. Currently the payment processor is not setup nor the drop shipping module. I've got the frame work up and got to populate the store with product. It going to happen that for sure. 

Design I want to have a store with a wide amount of parts and products that stops all the running around hunting. Then gave the articles support the products that are sold. Then have support for said products here on the website or possibly in a phone call. Then get customer reviews of the products. 

Oh as for login on the store you will have to register over there as a independent account. I'm going to look into bridging them together.

I've got a lot of work yet to go. Been plenty of 8 to 10 hour days putting this together. Server set up, search engine setup, store software setup, now learning how to put it all together.

Just thinking of that... PLEASE head over to the Garage and update your truck photos. I want good clean photos. I'm going to need some truck pics for the store. Even some engine pics good clean ones.

Yes I'll have Quadzilla tunes up in the store soon. Teaser...

I'm going to grind on tomorrow.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Even some engine pics good clean ones.

If you ever start selling power washers and degreasers, and need dirty engine pics just let me know - I'm your guy!

Or even leaf blowers...

1675344439879.jpg

Edited by LorenS
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, IBMobile said:

you need a composter

What I got was a squirrel trap, and I do believe I caught the repeat offender. It would be taking a dirt nap, but my wife found it before I got home so it now lives far, far away. A waste of gasoline and time.