• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I guess I am a trator

elshadow001

Well I guess I am a trator!My wife and I decided that we had to do something. Our vehicles were starting to cost to much to keep up.So we went down and traded our two vehicles in on one new one. So I no longer have a dodge truck.I ended up with a Toyota Tundra crewmax. It is a very nice truck and should serve us well into the future.It has a great guarentee and oil changes for the life of the vehicle, along with repairs for the life of it.Sorry but I won't have much to post here anymore. I hope I can leave without being shot.

your neighbors might be happy(no more loud diesel driving by), but i am sad to see you go. the parts on my 99 is more than any other vehicle that my circle of family/freinds has. by buddy with the 94 GMC 2500(5.7l v8 gasser) likes to rub it in all the time. i have thought about selling my 99 once or twice. i pulled bury equipment for 1yr and for the last 3yr have used her as a grocery getter and work truck(but no trailers). if i did sell it i would be looking for a 97-98 12valve:lol:

your neighbors might be happy(no more loud diesel driving by), but i am sad to see you go.

the parts on my 99 is more than any other vehicle that my circle of family/freinds has. by buddy with the 94 GMC 2500(5.7l v8 gasser) likes to rub it in all the time. i have thought about selling my 99 once or twice. i pulled bury equipment for 1yr and for the last 3yr have used her as a grocery getter and work truck(but no trailers). if i did sell it i would be looking for a 97-98 12valve:lol:

Copycat :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The Tundra should provide you years of trouble free service, and as long as you don't tow you'll be quite happy with it. I have been a Toyota guy most of my driving life, but went Dodge when I wanted a full size.

You should have held out for the release of their diesel, I believe this year sometime but not 100% sure on that.

Been reading that for a decade....

• 1 month later...

Well I guess I am a trator! My wife and I decided that we had to do something. Our vehicles were starting to cost to much to keep up. So we went down and traded our two vehicles in on one new one. So I no longer have a dodge truck. I ended up with a Toyota Tundra crewmax. It is a very nice truck and should serve us well into the future. It has a great guarentee and oil changes for the life of the vehicle, along with repairs for the life of it. Sorry but I won't have much to post here anymore. I hope I can leave without being shot.

Hey man dont leave!! You can still help others.You can also tell us what a new truck smells like.Mine reeks of diesel inside.I am happy for you.Toyota has a good race team.When the wife isnt looking you can get a nice cold airbox,Headers if it dont allready have them(some do from the factory)etc.Have a good one.Check in once in a wile bud.

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I was looking at new trucks, the gasser versions, and Ford is really stomping everyone. They have a ton more HP and TQ per CI compared to chevy and dodge. They have 4 engines for the f150, including a twin turboed V6. The mustang has a 30mpg 300HP V6 as well. Ford is really putting a dent in the competition. One interesting thing is chevy's site has almost no mention of the duramax. It is a PITA to find the power of it, I don't think I even did. Dodge is just as hard to find but is findable. I wonder if the 400HP/800TQ thing ford is putting out is making the other 2 hide what theirs puts out.