• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 Chevy Suburan 5.3L

• Owner

Well I'm back to wrenching. This rig was my room mate in the basement. Needed some knock sensors,  oil change, fuel filter and oxygen sensors. 

Knock sensors aren't to bad to do. Basically pull the intake manifold. You need to both fuel rails off but the injector plugs are released on bottom towards the manifold, weird but ok. The knock sensors are under the two large rubber plugs with one wire to each. The front knock sensor came out easy and the rear the hex head kept collapsing. Using my angle drill I drilled 2 holes in the top of the sensor stuck my needle nose pipers in the holes using a long screwdriver barred that sensor right out.

Then changing the oxygen sensors was some what a pain in the ***. Plugs buried on top of the transmission. Got them done.

Fuel filter was another pain in the rear. The the filter was held in place by two bolts but with all the brakes lines from the ABS computer in the way. Got it out and boy that filter was plugged up.

No codes now and runs much better.