• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gasser vs. Diesel

You could have said that before :lmao: Diesel to diesel the cummins is definitely easiest to work on. Not sure about cheapest, figured they all costed too much when they all hit the CR phase. But 6 injectors is cheaper than 8 :lol:

Well yeah the CR is a little more, but no glow plugs and 2 less injectors. Plus b/c it is easier to work on, it takes less time therefore costing the customer less money in hours.:thumbup2:

Cheapest in comparison to other diesels sir. Comparing apples or apples!:thumbup2: But if you don't like your Cummins, sale it and go about your way.:thumbup2: You get many cattle trucks down there? I suppose you do. I would much prefer to haul hay with a diesel compared to a gasser. Up hills the gasser isn't much fun loaded to the brim with cattle, tools, feed, help, ect.:thumbup2:

Uggghh. Not talking about diesel to diesel, but you are right. 6 is cheaper than 8. Not talking about which pulls better, that is a retarded argument of course a diesel pickup will out-pull a gas. no more from me, unsubscribed.

Uggghh. Not talking about diesel to diesel, but you are right. 6 is cheaper than 8.

Not talking about which pulls better, that is a retarded argument of course a diesel pickup will out-pull a gas.

no more from me, unsubscribed.

I think that is the primary reason most of us drive a diesel, it just pulls better!:thumbup2:

I think that is the primary reason most of us drive a diesel, it just pulls better!:thumbup2:

The whole ordeal of this was that you were talking diesel to diesel. Even the thread title said diesel vs. gas and that's what everyone thought you meant. Even I was wondering what you meant by it all. Try and make a it a little more obvious on what you are comparing next time :lol::thumbup2:

• Owner

There is a lot of variables in concerns to which is cheaper... That why you don't see gasoline power semi on the roads... But when you look at the life span of gasser vs diesel and then weigh in the fact yes the parts are more expensive on a diesel it all reality the diesel cost about the same maintenance wise.So it comes back to a personal peference of buy a diesel for your own reasons... :shrug:

There is a lot of variables in concerns to which is cheaper... That why you don't see gasoline power semi on the roads... So it comes back to a personal peference of buy a diesel for your own reasons... :shrug:

Yeah - I thought the stuff ISX was pulling om MPG comparisons was useful. especially with the talk of the new gassers and their TQ/HP ratings. Obviously all of us have diesels for the reasons we all know (towing, endurance, efficiency and power) but I thought it was a good thread of info to look at the costs versus a gasser. They have some nice features now - but so do the enhanced new diesels :) all good:thumbup2:

When I was in North Dakota for the first week of October, I was looking at the pickups that were towing big trailers/loads. Probably 75% (in North Dakota) were Dodge/Cummins of various generations. Mostly 2nd gens, but 3rd gens were close behind. Of the remaining 25%, probably 15% GM and the rest "OLDER" Furds!!!!!I would've included Minnesota in my informal opinion poll, but the 'sotans skew the results too much!!!! Sorry Chuck!!!!!:smart: