• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

gauges work with 12 valve swap

The 2001 and 2002 are fly by wire and dont use the vacuum motor for throttle control once again these are thing you'll have to consider. So if you kept your stock ECM and use you old sensors you get to keep all the other features...

I didn't ask if it had them I asked if I could adapt mine to use them... You know as well as I do the vacuum ones are slow to react and overall are just crap.

Fuse boxes are also a lot different. Figured I would get a pic of it. Not sure if the 98 has an updated fuse box, probably does.

Dude thanks a TON. Been busy today, haven't had a chance to get up to the barn to make a video going over all the wiring, but from the looks of it that 97 pcm will plug in.

My cruise already doesn't work because I put a 99 model truck's ECM on and didn't get it flashed. Mileage is stored in the PCM though, so this beast would have no way to keep track of that because the 12 valves are mechanical.... It don't matter to me though.

--- Update to the previous post...

Stopped by a junkyard this evening and scored. Found a SAE 2 transmission adapter for my motor 100 bucks. So now I can go with whatever SAE 2 bell tranny floats my boat or I still have the the 6 speed adapter should I go with a dodge manual tranny...

Anyway, back to this. This junkyard didn't have any dodge pickups, but I know of a good one i'll go to tomorrow and try to get the whole mess of wiring out a 12 valve truck. Got some pictures of the connectors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't forgot about this.......... I have the name and number of a guy I need to call that says he has put a 215 HP 1996 model 12 valve motor in his 2001 and ALL of his gauges work perfectly. Says it is EASY, but I am having a hard time getting ahold of him. I am currently trying to locate a decent 215 hp 12 valve engine... Looked at a couple and all I can say is thank god I pulled the vacuum pump off to investigate that oil leak on this one, it had a windowed block! Looked like the rod let go, but the guy replaced it and put it back together. Put a nice little piece of aluminum over the big hole, siliconed it and then painted it... He got REAL embarrassed when I discovered it... Anyway, will continue the search!

so this cat your trying to get ahold of said that all his gauges worked after installing a 12v without mods??? i would also like to know the answer to this since i am seriously considering building a 12v/24v crossbread for my 98.5!!!!

Supposedly... Said it is minimal modding, but still can be done pretty easily he said!! PM me if you want ill get you his number maybe he dont like answering my phone number hahaha

Haven't forgot about this.......... I have the name and number of a guy I need to call that says he has put a 215 HP 1996 model 12 valve motor in his 2001 and ALL of his gauges work perfectly. Says it is EASY, but I am having a hard time getting ahold of him. I am currently trying to locate a decent 215 hp 12 valve engine... Looked at a couple and all I can say is thank god I pulled the vacuum pump off to investigate that oil leak on this one, it had a windowed block! Looked like the rod let go, but the guy replaced it and put it back together. Put a nice little piece of aluminum over the big hole, siliconed it and then painted it... He got REAL embarrassed when I discovered it... Anyway, will continue the search!

i bet he was:banghead:well i am glad you looked it over before purchasing/installing and driving.

Haven't forgot about this.......... I have the name and number of a guy I need to call that says he has put a 215 HP 1996 model 12 valve motor in his 2001 and ALL of his gauges work perfectly. Says it is EASY, but I am having a hard time getting ahold of him.

i thought all the gauges were controlled by the ECM via the CCD bus. hmmm

all I can say is thank god I pulled the vacuum pump off to investigate that oil leak on this one, it had a windowed block! Looked like the rod let go, but the guy replaced it and put it back together. Put a nice little piece of aluminum over the big hole, siliconed it and then painted it... He got REAL embarrassed when I discovered it... Anyway, will continue the search!

aluminum! i assume that is were the leak was. what a crook you should post his name so others don't fall for his under handed tricks(just like the crooked businesses). the sad part is someone might have been able to lock-n-stitch the block to repair it properly.(see these examples)

i thought all the gauges were controlled by the ECM via the CCD bus. hmmm aluminum! i assume that is were the leak was. what a crook you should post his name so others don't fall for his under handed tricks(just like the crooked businesses). the sad part is someone might have been able to lock-n-stitch the block to repair it properly.(see these examples)

Dunno, that sounds right though, this guy wont divulge his secret unless its over the phone, but I can't get a-hold of him. Just some low life junkyard trash, Wade Johnson is the guy's name, he is down by Stratford. He had it advertised on craigslist as "cummings engine" $1500