• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

gauges work with 12 valve swap

They had the same gauges as you on the 1998 version so I think it reads it the same. Mike's IAT looks exactly the same as mine. I am wondering about everything else. I might take all the sensors out and take a pic and you can compare them to yours sometime tomorrow. They might even have the same connector :shrug:

They had the same gauges as you on the 1998 version so I think it reads it the same. Mike's IAT looks exactly the same as mine. I am wondering about everything else. I might take all the sensors out and take a pic and you can compare them to yours sometime tomorrow. They might even have the same connector :shrug:

On your truck, do you have the two bale connectors up by the cowl right above the valve cover? Any chance you got a picture of that? If you are right then I oughta be able to hook the 12 valve wire harness right up to the trucks harness, and I should have some if not all the gauges up and running.

• Owner

I would keep the 24V wiring knowing it works now. It just a matter of trading sensors from on engine to another...

Problem is that the ECM got to stay with the 12V too... :rolleyes:

ECM Inputs

•Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) Volts

APPS Idle Validation Switches #1 and #2

•Battery voltage

•Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP)

CCD bus (+) circuits

CCD bus (-) circuits

•Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)

•Data link connection for DRB scan tool

•(FPCM) Fuel Injection Pump Control Module

•Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor

•Ground circuits

•Intake manifold Air Temperature (IAT) sensor

•Manifold Air Pressure Sensor (Boost Pressure Sensor)

•Oil pressure sensor

PCM

•Power Take Off (PTO)

•Power ground

•Sensor return

•Signal ground

•Water-In-Fuel (WIF) sensor

Red is missing sensors for the 12V

blue is the communication path for the gauges...

Because the ECM recieves the information then sends it up the CCD network Bus to the guage cluster to be shown on the gauges...

PCM is not use for gauges...:rolleyes:

• Like 3

I would keep the 24V wiring knowing it works now. It just a matter of trading sensors from on engine to another...

Problem is that the ECM got to stay with the 12V too... :rolleyes:

ECM Inputs

•Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) Volts

APPS Idle Validation Switches #1 and #2

•Battery voltage

•Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP)

CCD bus (+) circuits

CCD bus (-) circuits

•Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)

•Data link connection for DRB scan tool

•(FPCM) Fuel Injection Pump Control Module

•Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor

•Ground circuits

•Intake manifold Air Temperature (IAT) sensor

•Manifold Air Pressure Sensor (Boost Pressure Sensor)

•Oil pressure sensor

PCM

•Power Take Off (PTO)

•Power ground

•Sensor return

•Signal ground

•Water-In-Fuel (WIF) sensor

Red is missing sensors for the 12V

blue is the communication path for the gauges...

Because the ECM recieves the information then sends it up the CCD network Bus to the guage cluster to be shown on the gauges...

PCM is not use for gauges...:rolleyes:

Excellent information, will be invaluable for future reference.

Ok. SO... What about getting the PCM from a 12 valve truck and just eliminating the one I got now, do you think it has the same plug-ins for the truck wire harness? Or would that not probably not work?

Ooooh man I appreciate it. Ok now that definitely is different than whats on this 01... Hmm.

Get a pic of what yours looked like. I can't guarantee what you are seeing is right on mine. For one those grid heater lines are in the pic and they don't normally go like that.

What the hell is all that! :lol: I think I have one of those connectors, you can see it right under the red hose clamp. I have a few other connectors going to nothing around the engine. I'll trace them all out and show you tomorrow.

What the hell is all that! :lol: I think I have one of those connectors, you can see it right under the red hose clamp. I have a few other connectors going to nothing around the engine. I'll trace them all out and show you tomorrow.

hahaha big rats nest aint it. Lordy. Cool well if you get a chance, i'd appreciate any assistance. Surely there is a way to get this to work.

Heres what I got for everything that comes down to something on the engine or engine bay (not counting all the fuse panel crap on the side. I guess there is a battery temp sensor, cruise control wiring on the side too.

Posted Image

I got pics of every single connection so let me know what you want to see.

As you can see I have a lot of dead connectors so maybe someone can tell me what they go to. I will add pics of all of them. There is also a connection on the top front of the nv4500 that one wire has come off of. It isn't the speed sensor so I have no idea what it is for.

post-45-138698171344_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698171351_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698171358_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698171367_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698171374_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698171382_thumb.jpg

• Owner

The part I'm not sure of is could a 12V PCM be used against the 24V electronics and still communicate? :shrug: If so then it would be a matter of changing over to a PCM module as well... But as for wire color and what pin they go to the wiring diagrams would be a good source of information.As for keeping the orignal ECM you could but remember you'll always have error codes for all the missing electronic sensors which won't mean much. But as long as the gauge are hooked up and working I don't see why bother with converting to a PCM. :shrug:Thinking out loud...

The part I'm not sure of is could a 12V PCM be used against the 24V electronics and still communicate? :shrug: If so then it would be a matter of changing over to a PCM module as well... But as for wire color and what pin they go to the wiring diagrams would be a good source of information. As for keeping the orignal ECM you could but remember you'll always have error codes for all the missing electronic sensors which won't mean much. But as long as the gauge are hooked up and working I don't see why bother with converting to a PCM. :shrug: Thinking out loud...

Hey thanks for the help both of yall, ISX and mopar I appreciate it. Ok so I am wondering about the 98 model year pickups.... They had the 12 valve in some and the new dash and interior and stuff, so surely most of the dash harness and stuff is carry over you would think. I don't know... Hey what about a picture of the PCM on your 12 valve ISX? I will get a video of all my wiring and see if I can compare it to your 12 valves later on.

• Owner

Does your "fly by wire" have the same connector as my worthless vacuum actuated one? Or is there any way to adapt it?

The 2001 and 2002 are fly by wire and dont use the vacuum motor for throttle control once again these are thing you'll have to consider. So if you kept your stock ECM and use you old sensors you get to keep all the other features...