• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just got off the phone with Casey at edge asking questions about the edge comp.... Im still working out the low boost smoke issue and he told me that levels 1-3 do not utilize the pump tap!! I asked how level 3 makes 80 hp on the comp and the ez only makes 65 hp... He said the comp does it but doesnt use the tap untill level 4 and if i unhook the tap it will function as an ez.. but instead of 20,30,and 65hp it would be 40,60 and 80 hp... This goes against everything ive read about the edge comp.. Im hoping you guys can shed some light on this for me as my conversation with tech support left me more confused lol :shrug:

• Owner

That's weird... way back when I bought mine I had a few problems software wise but in the mean time I had a conversation with on of the tech long ago. What he told me was on the Edge Comp if you unhook the tap wire it reverts to level 1. So no matter what level you set it to it was still level 1. The sub level continued to work the same though.1. 402. 603. 804. 1005. 120So untapped accord to what i was told would be 40 HP. But I look at it this way... This is all second hand information and nothing in writing from Edge Products so I'm willing to admit maybe my information could be wrong... :shrug:What I can tell you without thinking... Is the best MPG's are found on 5x5 and WITH the wire tap. It all up to you and your foot..I just pulled a beautiful 23.6 MPG today... :cool:

Yeah I agree - I thought levels 1-2 nontapped and 60/65 hp ...... and get levels 3-5 when tapped.

Whats the issue with edge ?? Nothing wrong with the edge lol Its my setup:banghead: Are you a SO or HO vp44 ??SO

I need more timing but any setting over 1 and it gets smokey during od lockup in the business district 45mph zone... and during lock up climbing the hill at the river to and from work at every up shift and lock up. I am about over it I just dont look in the mirror lol...on a positive note mpg's up from 13.2 to a steady 15.1 since the second fill up after the comp went on.. 1st tank after comp on 4x3 yeided 12.7.. I think my driving style (read heavy foot prolly from driving a fire truck for a living for 12+years) and new low stall torque converter are to blame but man i like it that t/c makes driving this thing a blast :thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

That's weird...

way back when I bought mine I had a few problems software wise but in the mean time I had a conversation with on of the tech long ago. What he told me was on the Edge Comp if you unhook the tap wire it reverts to level 1. So no matter what level you set it to it was still level 1. The sub level continued to work the same though.

1. 40

2. 60

3. 80

4. 100

5. 120

So untapped accord to what i was told would be 40 HP.

But I look at it this way... This is all second hand information and nothing in writing from Edge Products so I'm willing to admit maybe my information could be wrong... :shrug:

What I can tell you without thinking... Is the best MPG's are found on 5x5 and WITH the wire tap. It all up to you and your foot..

I just pulled a beautiful 23.6 MPG today... :cool:

Mike I agree with the level 1 not being tapped because as i scroll down from 5 to 1 there is a positive loss of power (feels like my lawn service trailer is suddenly on the truck) and the tone of the engine changes as soon as 1 is active... going from 1 to 2 as soon as 2 hits it gains a few rpm and the tone changes to a deeper note and stays that way through level 5 (which leads me to believe 2-5 are tapped) and only changes when it gets back to level 1 :shrug: