• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

clean truck 12v

JOHNFAK

Hate to be the party pooper. You better take another look. At one time she was a beautiful truck and a fairly rear model but she is a road salt rust bucket that is dying a slow death.

Yep. Looking at an enlarged pic you can see it bad around the fenders. My truck is cleaner than that rust wise at 200k+ miles (but a 24-valve). Even at that though when they get up in miles you really have to debate whether it is worth it. My truck is starting to fail seals and small parts left and right. The engine may run great and the major stuff still works but the little things can kill if not maintained and that costs moolah. :smart:

I have a 94 Dakota that has no rust around the fenders and what not, but when working on it I find many issues down underneath. It's not bad enough to cause concern but definitely needs tended too. If a truck is exhibiting a lot of rust around fenders and other bends I would worry that structure wise it is falling apart.Your right in your assumption that it would deserve further inspection though. My father has a Dakota similar to mine that completely rusted out around the cab corners, etc. However the frame was fine it was just a bad paint job that caused it. A few patch panels and a paint job later and it looks better than it did when he bought the thing.You need to see vehicles in person to really understand there level of disrepair. Hence why I hate online sales of motor vehicles.

• Owner

I hate to say it but they use a lot of salt and mag-cloride out here too... The funny part is the body and under side of my truck is A1 perfect yet... Why? Because even in the winter time I wash the truck and I don't just wash the paint. I wash the underside out with plenty of clear water. I wash out all the road mud and dirt...But like I've been taugh... When you go buy a vehicle bring your overalls and lay on your back and look up. The interior and under the hood will look good but lay on your back and look up... Whole new story...:stuned:

But like I've been taugh... When you go buy a vehicle bring your overalls and lay on your back and look up. The interior and under the hood will look good but lay on your back and look up... Whole new story...:stuned:

Yeah - lucky I did that when I bought my truck shame I didnt know anything about vp44 tranny power enhancements exhaust/egts valves/headwork injectors A/C ..... so on .. and so on .... $$ now I do :thumbup2: ( a little) :lmao: