• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
Sign in to follow this  
dorkweed

Cleaned My Air Filter Yesterday

HOLY COW, boys and girls!!!!!! I couldn't believe how "black" (non-racist description) the water was even after 2 rinses of the SimpleGreen and Water solution!!!! Had I known how dirty it was, I would've taken pix!!!!

After soaking for 30 minutes in the SG&water, I dumped the bucket and was absolutely shocked!!!! In total I did 4 rinses. All that said however, the intake tube is spotless as far as I can reach into it, so I think all is well. The truck does seem to pull a bit better now with less throttle!!:smart:

You cleaned the air filter by soaking it in that stuff? Can I do that with my BHAF? The inside of my exhaust has less black on it than my air filter :lol:

I'm running the Fram Boost 2 air filter and intake. It's exactly the same as the AEM Brute Force filter and intake only rebadged. It's probably been about 1 year since the last cleaning!!!!:stuned::stuned::shrug: It originally came with a "cleaning" solution, but I'm a cheap ___ so I make a SimpleGreen solution and call it good. It's worked for better than 4 years now!!

I should have took pictures of mine. The filter sock was black and the filter was plugged. The filter minder was maxed out. I noticed when removing the filter sock the filter looked like it partially collapsed. I am not sure if it some how got damaged or actually did collapse. I certainly did notice the truck accelerated a lot smoother afterwards though. :burnout: