• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cleaned My Air Filter Yesterday

dorkweed

HOLY COW, boys and girls!!!!!! I couldn't believe how "black" (non-racist description) the water was even after 2 rinses of the SimpleGreen and Water solution!!!! Had I known how dirty it was, I would've taken pix!!!!

After soaking for 30 minutes in the SG&water, I dumped the bucket and was absolutely shocked!!!! In total I did 4 rinses. All that said however, the intake tube is spotless as far as I can reach into it, so I think all is well. The truck does seem to pull a bit better now with less throttle!!:smart:

I'm running the Fram Boost 2 air filter and intake. It's exactly the same as the AEM Brute Force filter and intake only rebadged. It's probably been about 1 year since the last cleaning!!!!:stuned::stuned::shrug: It originally came with a "cleaning" solution, but I'm a cheap ___ so I make a SimpleGreen solution and call it good. It's worked for better than 4 years now!!

I should have took pictures of mine. The filter sock was black and the filter was plugged. The filter minder was maxed out. I noticed when removing the filter sock the filter looked like it partially collapsed. I am not sure if it some how got damaged or actually did collapse. I certainly did notice the truck accelerated a lot smoother afterwards though. :burnout: