• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dorkweed

Cleaned My Air Filter Yesterday

5 posts in this topic

HOLY COW, boys and girls!!!!!! I couldn't believe how "black" (non-racist description) the water was even after 2 rinses of the SimpleGreen and Water solution!!!! Had I known how dirty it was, I would've taken pix!!!!

After soaking for 30 minutes in the SG&water, I dumped the bucket and was absolutely shocked!!!! In total I did 4 rinses. All that said however, the intake tube is spotless as far as I can reach into it, so I think all is well. The truck does seem to pull a bit better now with less throttle!!:smart:

You cleaned the air filter by soaking it in that stuff? Can I do that with my BHAF? The inside of my exhaust has less black on it than my air filter :lol:

I'm running the Fram Boost 2 air filter and intake. It's exactly the same as the AEM Brute Force filter and intake only rebadged. It's probably been about 1 year since the last cleaning!!!!:stuned::stuned::shrug: It originally came with a "cleaning" solution, but I'm a cheap ___ so I make a SimpleGreen solution and call it good. It's worked for better than 4 years now!!

I should have took pictures of mine. The filter sock was black and the filter was plugged. The filter minder was maxed out. I noticed when removing the filter sock the filter looked like it partially collapsed. I am not sure if it some how got damaged or actually did collapse. I certainly did notice the truck accelerated a lot smoother afterwards though. :burnout: