• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

I don't know if the ECM on 24V has a boost limit that would automatically defuel or not.

No... The boost fooling of the Edge Comp would continue to keep fuel till the throttle is released... No limits or alarms. Like the Edge Juice and it limits and alarms. I'm not to fond of... Like this example that is common here... Stuck behind a slow truck or 5th wheel. You see a passing lane open nothing there and BAM! you drop the hammer and start your pass. Then around the corner ahead of you a fast moving vehicle is coming at you. At that point would you want Edge Juice to say "Oh! Your EGT's and boost are too high time to defuel!" I'm glad I don't have that limiting junk I rather push the EGT's to 1,400*F and/or 40 PSI of boost for 15 second to finsh my pass safely than to loose all the power because of a Edge Juice trying to protect the engine... :rolleyes:

No... The boost fooling of the Edge Comp would continue to keep fuel till the throttle is released... No limits or alarms. Like the Edge Juice and it limits and alarms. I'm not to fond of... Like this example that is common here... Stuck behind a slow truck or 5th wheel. You see a passing lane open nothing there and BAM! you drop the hammer and start your pass. Then around the corner ahead of you a fast moving vehicle is coming at you. At that point would you want Edge Juice to say "Oh! Your EGT's and boost are too high time to defuel!" I'm glad I don't have that limiting junk I rather push the EGT's to 1,400*F and/or 40 PSI of boost for 15 second to finsh my pass safely than to loose all the power because of a Edge Juice trying to protect the engine... :rolleyes:

Eeek - never thought of it that way - I think its configurable tho - so technically you could set it to defuel only at 40psi ?? I generally watch the boost + egt everytime I am towing - so you would know when you are getting to the limit and hust old it there - but yeah - good point.:stuned:

Is the waste gate in the same location on the hx35 then on the hy35? I got a j hook on the turbo i got now. will it work on this other turbo also.. or will i even need it

J-hook for HY35 only ........... on HX35 you need the boost elbow. If you have a proper j-hook you could sell it an make $10 :)http://sourceautomotive.biz/adjustableboostelbow.aspx

Eeek - never thought of it that way - I think its configurable tho - so technically you could set it to defuel only at 40psi ?? I generally watch the boost + egt everytime I am towing - so you would know when you are getting to the limit and hust old it there - but yeah - good point.:stuned: J-hook for HY35 only ........... on HX35 you need the boost elbow. If you have a proper j-hook you could sell it an make $10 :)http://sourceautomotive.biz/adjustableboostelbow.aspx

Dang it.. I just bought that j hook from tst for $50. Thats a loss.

• Owner

Eeek - never thought of it that way - I think its configurable tho - so technically you could set it to defuel only at 40psi ?? I generally watch the boost + egt everytime I am towing - so you would know when you are getting to the limit and hust old it there - but yeah - good point.:stuned:

The way Edge Juice works is that it starts defueling way before the set limits. So let say you set EGT limit at 1,200*F so it might start defueling curve at maybe 1,050*F and works it way up to full defuel by 1,200*F. So it like you'll never notice it... So in your case it about the Max Boost setting, Max EGT setting, and the amount of backdown %... So if your going to be like the Edge Comp (no limits) you would set the backdown for 0%... The backdown setting is how aggressive the defuel curve is 0% being none and 100% being full fuel cut.
  • Like 2

Dang it.. I just bought that j hook from tst for $50. Thats a loss.

Thats what I meant. Sell it on CF for $40 inclusive shipping. Then either make your own elbow for $10 or buy one for $17-$20. Then you made $20 ........ so your turbo is now only $230 :):thumbup2:

The way Edge Juice works is that it starts defueling way before the set limits. So let say you set EGT limit at 1,200*F so it might start defueling curve at maybe 1,050*F and works it way up to full defuel by 1,200*F. So it like you'll never notice it...

So in your case it about the Max Boost setting, Max EGT setting, and the amount of backdown %...

So if your going to be like the Edge Comp (no limits) you would set the backdown for 0%...

The backdown setting is how aggressive the defuel curve is 0% being none and 100% being full fuel cut.

The edge juice limits & alarms are adjustable with the push of a button...

True... But what I'm getting at is that most people set everything up too low. :rolleyes:

I've been holding back but I want to throw this in there. I don't think the limits are a bad thing. I think they are very beneficial. You basically are saying "when passing someone, turn off your gauges as passing the person is more important". I admit I too have hit 1400 even 1500 but that is not exactly a GOOD thing. Over the years I have learned how to keep the EGT's low and I can pass someone without it getting over 1200 at almost the same speed as when I was hitting 1400. 1400F passing is also unnecessary. If you are passing someone then you are not on a 4 lane, if you are not on a 4 lane then you must be at a 60mph or less speed limit. Every time I pass someone starting from 50-55mph, I was at 80-90 when I hit 1400. That is not necessary, fun, but not necessary and not good on the engine. Also if you are getting that hot and see the need to run that hot, maybe you should accommodate for it by getting a better turbo/water injection, something. I haven't got over 1200 in a long time unless I pass someone with our trailer, and even then I don't get much over it. Limits are a good thing if you ask me. I don't care if it defuels to keep to the limit, better than it overfueling and melting everything. It is very easy to stay under 1200 (with the HX anyways) so I don't see the need to hit 1400, in reality that is the same as doing any other thing that all these racers that don't have money to race do, like blocking the wastegate or something, it is all hard on the engine.

I've been holding back but I want to throw this in there.

I don't think the limits are a bad thing. I think they are very beneficial. You basically are saying "when passing someone, turn off your gauges as passing the person is more important". I admit I too have hit 1400 even 1500 but that is not exactly a GOOD thing. Over the years I have learned how to keep the EGT's low and I can pass someone without it getting over 1200 at almost the same speed as when I was hitting 1400. 1400F passing is also unnecessary. If you are passing someone then you are not on a 4 lane, if you are not on a 4 lane then you must be at a 60mph or less speed limit. Every time I pass someone starting from 50-55mph, I was at 80-90 when I hit 1400. That is not necessary, fun, but not necessary and not good on the engine. Also if you are getting that hot and see the need to run that hot, maybe you should accommodate for it by getting a better turbo/water injection, something. I haven't got over 1200 in a long time unless I pass someone with our trailer, and even then I don't get much over it. Limits are a good thing if you ask me. I don't care if it defuels to keep to the limit, better than it overfueling and melting everything. It is very easy to stay under 1200 (with the HX anyways) so I don't see the need to hit 1400, in reality that is the same as doing any other thing that all these racers that don't have money to race do, like blocking the wastegate or something, it is all hard on the engine.

:thumbup2: ISX i agree 100%..I mean..I put a lot of thought into choosing which box to buy when i bought mine..I mean the capablility to determine &select your own EGT,FUELING & BOOST Limits & Alarm settings was actually the final reason for going with te "EDGE JUICE w/Attitude

Heck..If i had not been able to limit my EGT's & Fueling for the short time i ran that Stock HY35 I would have surely melted it down because i did not have to be pulling or hauling anything for the EGT's to Max out...I could pull out of the drive way and in 1/2 mile put them at 1350f& they would still be climbing when i let off...no hill..all flat ground...keep in mind that i did find a small crack in the weld on the Intercooler when i removed and pressure checked it..I had it off when i was doing the front crank seal install..no big deal.. there was almost no-weld where it cracked..guess that one was made on FRIDAY afternoon or Monday morning:lmao::lmao2:

Richie:thumbup2:

but the safety features can be overriden...do this at your own risk...DISABLING BACKDOWN....TO REMOVE ALL SAFETY FEATURES AND LET THE EDGE BE AT IT'S FULL POTENTIAL.WHILE VIEWING THE MAIN SCREEN,PRESS ENTER TWICE QUICKLY..DISABLE BACKDOWN SCREEN WILL SHOW UP...THEN YOU CAN SELECT THE NUMBER OF MINUTES IT WILL BE DISABLED.SO NOW YOU CAN HIT MAX BOOST,EGT'S,THE COLD ENGINE PROTECTION WILL BE DISABLED.REMEMBER TO DO THIS AT YOUR OUR RISK BECAUSE EGT'S ARE GOING TO GET UP THERE AND THE EDGE BOX IS NOT GOING TO DEFUEL ITSELF...THIS IS USED FOR EXAMPLE...DRAG RACING IF YOUR GOING TO BE ON THE DYNO FOR AWHILE..OR IF YOUR STUCK BEHIND A SLOW CAR OR CARS AND FINALLY GET A CHANCE TO PASS..JUST DISABLE....DO WHAT YOUR GUNNA DO AND THE REMEMBER TO TAKE THE DISABLE OFF.