• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Been trying to get this thing fixed, Went through the grounds and the 1488 and 522 codes keep coming back. Trying to trouble shoot from the book but seems it's just getting more confusing:mad: The book:1488= Auxiliary 5 volt sensor feed is sensed to be below an Acceptable limit. 5-volt Supply Voltage low. Sensor Supply voltage for E C M sensor is too low. book: 522= Oil pressure sending unit voltage input below the min acceptable voltage. Question? is there a sensor that supplies 5 volt's to the E C M?I thought the E C M did the 5 volt thing.:rolleyes:Thanks Ed.

I have not looked at the electrical schematic but On some equipment I have found that the 5v sensor supply circuit is fed to all the sensors in series and when it hits a bad sensor it will throw codes for not seeing the sensors past that point. Did you check the 5v supply out of the ecm yet?

• Like 1

I haven't check the 5 volt at the ECM, after reading mikes post i'm woundering if my puck is out??? it plugs into the map. and the truck has been running weak, my next step will be to unhook the puck and see what happens. would this be possible??? thanks Ed

For the record: Unhooked the power-puck, the truck is back to stock, Took a test drive about 30 miles and the result was:Oil Pressure was higher by at least 20 psi. (60 idle warm) 85-90 Coldtruck ran better, wasn't A slug anymore, ran like it did when it was new. (an still is 67,000 mi):thumb1:Hooked up the code reader and: NO 5-VOLT SUPPLY CODES.I'm thinking the puck was deff. the problem. Still cant figure why the mileage window shows: PCM=1763 done & ECM=1693 done? I know there companion codes but why won't my reader pick them up. Reader says: no-codes found (passed) and how do you get rid of them. my code reader is a 200.00 buck ACTRON.Thanks Ed. Oh by the way, the transmisson shifted a ''LOT'' smother, didn't have the hard hit going into the higher gears. before with the trailer loaded and (in it hard) it seamed like it want to throw the u-joint's out:rolleyes:.going to miss the extra power it had from the puck, but i'm thinking of leaving it off.