• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Quadzilla Tunes   06/12/2017

QUADZILLA TUNE REPOSITORY - There is now a Quadzilla tune download area. When you submit a tune file to the download area it will automatically create a forum topic that allows discussion of your tune. So export your tune and upload it to the site. Then we all can help out in building better tunes. Check it out gang...
    • Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mulinaxrodburner

04 trouble codes

10 posts in this topic

On the 04 it is showing a P0088. Says fuel rail/system pressure-too high. The next code is a: P0251 injection pump fuel metering control A(cam/rotor/injector). Any ideas on what these error codes represent? What do we need to do to get these cleared out of the system? Thanks for your help in advance.

My first guess would be that the FCA is failing, and allowing for too much rail pressure.

My first guess would be that the FCA is failing, and allowing for too much rail pressure.[/QUOT

What is the FCA i'm not sure what it is?

fuel control actuator.:thumbup2:

1 person likes this

Yep, its what meters the fuel to be pressurized. If its failing and allowing too much fuel in then you get too much pressure.It's located on the back of the CP3, and it has the only electrical connection on the CP3 attached to it. I am not aware of any real ways to test it. I hear if you shake it and it rattles its good?? But I am not sure I trust that..

fuel control actuator.:thumbup2:

Were is the fuel control actuator located on the truck?

Back of the CP3, which on your 04 is under the APPS on the driver side of the motor.

1 person likes this

I replaced the the FCA and fixed the problem, thanks to everybody for giveing me the useful input!!