• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I got my tranny rebuilt about a month ago and the tc lockup has been acting up. It sometimes locks and sometimes it feels like it is partly locked:cry: I took it back to the tranny shop for a checkup and he's pretty puzzled by what it is doing. I did play around with a mystery switch and I'm wondering if there's any way that I could have messed something up. In the process of this I had the center plug on the powertrain module off to tap into the black/orange wire and I broke off the pin on the wire from the trans temp sensor. I kind of got it back together but could a bad connection on that circuit have caused a problem like I have? I'm sure hoping not cuz I want the problem to be covered by warranty:whistle:

Ummmmm?? Not sure what is really going on here.... Alright need some additional info here. Is the Convertor Locking and unlocking say at about 45 mph and jerking??? or is it slipping while going down the highway say at 65 -70 mph??? Try to explain exactilly what is happening, It may be just a TV Cable adjustment. Also list what power adders you have done to the truck thanks

Ummmmm?? Not sure what is really going on here.... Alright need some additional info here. Is the Convertor Locking and unlocking say at about 45 mph and jerking??? or is it slipping while going down the highway say at 65 -70 mph??? Try to explain exactilly what is happening, It may be just a TV Cable adjustment. Also list what power adders you have done to the truck thanks

It is slipping at higher speeds. Hardly noticable without a trailer but very noticable with a trailer. And I can notice when it trys to lock up but it seems to be slipping. It seems to only do it when the oil warms up good like 120+. No power adders on the truck.

first thing I would try is the TV cable adjustment which controlls that intenal hydraulic pressure within the tranny. If it's not adjusted correctly you will have a tendancy to slip the clutches under a load ( ie not enough pressure at a given power rate) Also, If you are useing the stock torque convertor they are know JUNK and feel slushy. I would invest in a good Aftermarket Torque convertor and ValveBody, because they allow for more line pressures and more holding power.

TC and valve body all done when the thing was rebuilt a month ago as was the cable I'm quite sure. Mostly I was wondering if what I did with the electronics (mystery switch, possible poor connection on the temp sensor wire) could have caused a problem.