• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

looking for smokeythedodge or anyone else CRUISE CCONTROL

i was checking thru some old threads looking to see if anyone had dealt with the problem i am having. i saw a thread that smokey posted to about his cruise back in august. so if your are out there smokey let me know how you fixed it. my cruise light is lit whenever the truck is on and none of the controls function. the controls all seem to be working mechanicaly(easy to push and you canffeel the swithces operating as they have for the past 9 years). i replaced the clockspring while trying to diagnose other problems i had in the past. i even went back and reverse the wires to the controls just in case i had them backwards. no change. the only code i have is P500 and from what i have read today i am not going to sweat that since i spun my rear tires a couple of times the other day. everythig else seems to be working porperly except the cruise. are you out there smokey?

i was checking thru some old threads looking to see if anyone had dealt with the problem i am having. i saw a thread that smokey posted to about his cruise back in august. so if your are out there smokey let me know how you fixed it. my cruise light is lit whenever the truck is on and none of the controls function. the controls all seem to be working mechanicaly(easy to push and you canffeel the swithces operating as they have for the past 9 years). i replaced the clockspring while trying to diagnose other problems i had in the past. i even went back and reverse the wires to the controls just in case i had them backwards. no change. the only code i have is P500 and from what i have read today i am not going to sweat that since i spun my rear tires a couple of times the other day. everythig else seems to be working porperly except the cruise. are you out there smokey?

Do you have the electronic cruise? I know all late 01 and 02 6 speeds did. I went through hell trying to fix mine.... I honestly couldn't tell you the one thing that did it, but here is what I did, all about the same time.... Both front wheel speed sensors, rear diff. speed sensor, clockspring, cruise switch on left side of the steering wheel, and since my brake lights were also on I replaced the ABS module with one I had laying around the shop, and changed ECM's to another I had laying around the shop. I wish I could tell you what did it, but I had gathered everything up and changed it all in one evening. Took care of all my brake lights and the cruise started to work again... I would start with the wheel speed sensors maybe... You can just get some from a Dodge dealer and if that fixes it then great, if not you could just return them and tell them they were the wrong kind or something. I was about ready to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose it if I wasn't able to get the parts.
  • Like 1

Do you have the electronic cruise? I know all late 01 and 02 6 speeds did. I went through hell trying to fix mine.... I honestly couldn't tell you the one thing that did it, but here is what I did, all about the same time.... Both front wheel speed sensors, rear diff. speed sensor, clockspring, cruise switch on left side of the steering wheel, and since my brake lights were also on I replaced the ABS module with one I had laying around the shop, and changed ECM's to another I had laying around the shop. I wish I could tell you what did it, but I had gathered everything up and changed it all in one evening. Took care of all my brake lights and the cruise started to work again... I would start with the wheel speed sensors maybe... You can just get some from a Dodge dealer and if that fixes it then great, if not you could just return them and tell them they were the wrong kind or something. I was about ready to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose it if I wasn't able to get the parts.

sounds like i need to come to your place and use some of those spares you have laying around. not many laying around my house. i have replaced the clockspring. the ecm is newly rebuilt. problem started after the ecm was installed and the truck was running again. just replaced both front wheel bearings with speed sensors. do you know what sensors feeds info the the cruise?

sounds like i need to come to your place and use some of those spares you have laying around. not many laying around my house. i have replaced the clockspring. the ecm is newly rebuilt. problem started after the ecm was installed and the truck was running again. just replaced both front wheel bearings with speed sensors. do you know what sensors feeds info the the cruise?

It very well may be the ECM programming after the rebuild. Might consider getting a dodge dealer to "flash" it, that might be your best bet if you think your problem started after the ecm was installed. There are several different types of programming, from what I understand, between the various years and motors. I know the HO engines ECM computers have different programming than a 99 engine. Also from what i understand, some years of ECMs also didn't have the electronic cruise control feature designed into their hardware- chips and stuff, but that is just third hand rumors from forums..... You might try to call up "Smarty" and ask them, they would know for sure without a doubt- they manufacture programmers for these motors... As far as "sensor inputs for the cruise" goes, pretty much everything feeds into it from what I understand. It is controlled by the ECM computer on the engine, so it looks at everything before it will engage or disengage. You know like brake pedal switch, speedometer and who knows what all else, that would be a question I don't have the answer to.