• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjohnson.72

Gauges

cjohnson.72    0
cjohnson.72

Well I have been saving up for gauges and I am almost there. However, I wanted to see what others are running. I am leaning towards Auto Meter "Factory Match" with the dashboard mount so that I don't lose the grab handle. The three I am looking at are rail pressure, tranny temp, and egt'sFeel free to put in your 2 cents!Thanks

white01    0
white01

i have the edge juice with the attitude monitor..you can monitor up to four different features...may upgrade to the edge c.t.s...a person can monitor up to 8 different features!!!sweet:thumbup2:

AH64ID    649
AH64ID

I would spend the money for pricol's or ISSPRO's, they seem to work better and last longer. On a stock truck I would run EGT's, Trans, Boost. Then when you start to add power I would look at fuel pressure. Rail pressure is really only needed if you are increasing pressure, but that takes lots of extra filtration (which is good on a stock truck too!), and gets mixed results.

cjohnson.72    0
cjohnson.72

Is it even worth it to get mechanical gauges?? Or should I just keep on saving for a programmer that can monitor everything digitally?

ISX    58
ISX

You can't monitor EGT's digitally unless you have a probe. I saw a stock CR at a shop with melted pistons so I would say the EGT is very important on the CR's even though they may be stock.

AH64ID    649
AH64ID

I like analog gauges, I read about far fewer errors with them over digital gauges. Analog are also easier to read at a glace, I have both styles in my truck.

cjohnson.72    0
cjohnson.72

Ya that is what I am leaning towards. Bully Dog Triple Programmer and analog gauges.

dorkweed    313
dorkweed

I run Autometer UltraLites and have LP pressure, boost, and EGT. I also have the Quad digital RP gauge. I have the 6 speed so trans temp is not needed.

RPM    0
RPM

I would spend the money for pricol's or ISSPRO's, they seem to work better and last longer.

X2 on the ISSPRO's. I thought dipricol was out of business?

AH64ID    649
AH64ID

X2 on the ISSPRO's. I thought dipricol was out of business?

You know, I think your right? You still see their stuff every now an then, but not much anymore.

RPM    0
RPM

When I replaced my gauges about a year ago I was going to get DiPricol's but everyone was out of stock and not getting any more. One retailer said that they were either out of business or not doing business in the U.S. any longer. I bought the ISSPRO's and didn't look into it any further.