• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

body work and paint

Hey man - thanks. REALLY interested in this. HAving a hard time following the before and afters as there are a few scratches/dings here. Can you post 1before and 1after sepecifically the scratch behind the rear wheel well ??? And what did you do. ? I sanded my scratch back with down to 3000 grit. Back to primer basically. Then polished and cut it with waxer. Then I got the paint pen from dodge that was meant to match and brushed it on. end result -> rubbish !! :banghead: only 5% better than the scratch before

john not sure if the pictures will show it real well or not but that scratch is actually a hole clear thru the dually fender ...i repaired it with duraglass ...i believe the old school hot rodders did it to their rods with lead ....you can prolly do it with duraglass and quit a bit of sanding .....i sanded with four inch round da sanding paper from about 400 to 800 grit basically the same process for both the big fender crack and the lower rocker panel knock the rust off and back fill with duraglass filler then glass over it ....the big crack needed some extra help from fire dept friends to hold the crack pressed in place till the glass set up then sand and primed with a lighter color green ...went to anyplace that had duplicolor paint matched the exact paint color bought 2 rattle cans of color and 3 of clear ...also bought 5 of underbody coating for the black along the bottom ...dont forget to mask off everything you dont want undercoating on several sandings between coates of paint with incredibly fine paper and several coates of clear

• Like 1

Awesome stuff.How did you get the truck paint matched in a spray can ? :shrug: I've only seen in touch up pens. That was my biggest issue - no just looks like a "covered" scratch !!! hahah :banghead: ok - just reading on duplicolor - man - where were you 2 months ago !:lmao2: mwaaa .... its everywhere ............ why didn't I know about this :cry: NICE JOB !! Looks heaps better ! :thumbup2:

• Like 1

I have been able to find the duplicolor rattle cans at walmart autozone advanced auto and oreilys auto parts.....i believe that you can order cans straight from dupli color too ....russ what do you need done to your doors ? i might b able to help there too ...i recently forgot to set my wheel chock down when i was filling up at the local fuel station and the truck rolled backward ..only thing that stopped the truck was the door against the fuel pump near the top of the door folding it back toward the front of the vehicle :mad::mad:.....lots of body dollie and hammer work along with some bending with a crescent wrench

I stupidly believed the salesman that the truck had everything I'd speced... after all Dodge had had to settle with owners on rusted out doors & fenders. I poured catalized rustproofing into the doors on the Chevy when I did a cab off... installed new doors. THEY didn't rust out! I got such badly rusted hardware underneath... frankly, I think the hardware was inferior. Anything to save a buck.