• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thats about all l can get,at one time my truck was getting 35 PSI,waste gate must have be stuck or a hole in the hose between Elbow and Acctuator.

--- Update to the previous post...

Can you buy that Edge Elbow as a stand alone or do you have to buy the electronics?

• Owner

The one i have is a TST i believe,maybe i'm just not smart enough to get it to work? Tightening the allen screw should increase boost,Correct?

if there is a allen screw in ..screw it in all the way.

Then do a test run the boost should never rise above 35 PSI. If it is the open/unscrew the allen screw a 1/8 of turn and test again... Keep doing this till you see roughly 34-35 PSI...

You mean this ? http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-176/Dawes-Device--dsh-The-Basic/Detail Its expensive and you still need boost fooling (chip) to not throw codes. Go with a vendor from here like http://www.dieselautopower.com/product_p/boostelbow.htm Hard to beat that price. If you want to make your own ..... from CF - probably $4-$6 "1/8" 90 and I drilled and tapped it and then put a allen set screw in it. If I needed more boost I would just crank it down some till it restricted the air flow to the WG. When I drilled mine I drilled straight in from the right angle so the allen would close off the incoming flow. My allen stuck out of the 90 about 1/4" when all the way in. I used blue locktite to hold it in place "

Then do a test run the boost should never rise above 35 PSI. If it is the open/unscrew the allen screw a 1/8 of turn and test again... Keep doing this till you see roughly 34-35 PSI...

Have it screwed all the way in,only getting 20-22 PSI. Guess i'll live with that for now.

You mean this ?

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-176/Dawes-Device--dsh-The-Basic/Detail

That's it. It just sounded like a good deal the way it holds all the boost till you reach the set amount but maybe the gain from that isn't enough to warrant the cost.

--- Update to the previous post...

Are you getting that much boost with a stock truck or do you have some sort of power adder? I barely get 18 psi stock with no boost elbow.

• Owner

Have it screwed all the way in,only getting 20-22 PSI. Guess i'll live with that for now.

Hmmm... Do you have...

[*]Boost fooler to keep the ECM from seeing over boost condition?

[*]Extra fuel? It takes fuel to make boost?

You could check by taking a pair of vise grips and carefully pinch the hose shut and take a test drive... If the boost rises more then your boost elbow doesn't shut enough... :rolleyes:

Just a Hypertech Programmer.

I had one of those - it was better than I thought - but seriously - sell it and upgrade to a edge comp - even second hand for like $300. You don't have to TAP the vp44 if you don't want to - it just has so much more and gives you awesome power if you do wanna tap the pump. It also has boost foolling.

If you go light on the peddle to keep your tranny+TC ok - you will even pick up 2+mpg.

I had one of those - it was better than I thought - but seriously - sell it and upgrade to a edge comp - even second hand for like $300. You don't have to TAP the vp44 if you don't want to - it just has so much more and gives you awesome power if you do wanna tap the pump. It also has boost foolling. If you go light on the peddle to keep your tranny+TC ok - you will even pick up 2+mpg.

Been through 3 NV5600 already,just looking to put in those RV275's and up the boost I think will be plenty for me,I'm always Hauling weight gotta watch the drivetrain. Might think about one if i could find a used for the right price.