• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hub Bearings

cjohnson.72

Well I went to the local tire store to get my alignment adjusted and while the truck was on the lift the tech noticed that my right front tire had play in it, indicating a soon to be failure of my hub bearing assembly. What are some respected/quality hub replacement brands? Is this a job I could do in my driveway?Thanks!

Ya, got it priced out at Napa. The real is is around $300 while the chinese cheap one is $175. Put my order in for the real one and I am picking it up tomorrow. Anyone know of a good tech write up on how to properly do the job? I have yet to reach the 20 post requirement for the service manual download.Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Something else to consider is putting manual hubs with greasable bearings on. Not a cheap route, but you get longer bearing life, and increased mileage.

Both those scenarios are debatable. I have read on numerous forums that the price for the kits will probably never recoupe itself in fuel savings as I have never seen any long term test show any more than half mpg gains. Most people don't keep rigs long enough to ever see the payback. As far a bearing life that is totally dependant on care and maintenance and grease quality ect ect ect.

• 1 month later...

Hey good call on the good NAPA Skf bearings they are made with oem spec brgs and oem sensors I am a NAPA manager and my rep told me the good brgs are made to excede 100k+ and the cheapys are made to make 25k. I can tell you this I have alot of customers that would buy NAPAs cheaper brg before alot of our compeditors brgs. Hope they work great for you!!