• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle BOMB COMPLETED!

Too bad I can't do 3cyl, would be neat to hear it on a 3rd gen. At first it seemed odd that its the back half of the motor, but then I thought about the firing order 153624, so it would have to be 132 or 564, no other way around it.

is it the same 3 cylinders firing over and over, or does it rotate which 3?

• Owner

I could... But its going to be around $150 bucks (USD) to build for me... I got to mail order everything in... Even the wire... :stuned:

If you got a 56K ohm resistor you can un-plug the IAT plug and put the resistor in the plug and it will tell you if you got the software or not...

As for cutting wires... NOPE! All plug in play... :thumbup2:

But to give you an idea...

http://www.midwestdieselconnection.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51999&postcount=25

From the group over at MidwestDieselConnection.Com

Yup I agree Mike. Isn't to tough to throw one together. I would gladly help any member build one that want to drive to this area but as for production of a saleable product, I won't be continuing that venture.

Mike, You figure 150 to install this on a truck.... I just downloaded the smarty software to prep for this and sent you an email a few weeks back.... is that 150 if you ordered parts, put it together and then mailed it to us... would it be cheaper if we ordered it ourselves??? and then PM'd the heck out of you for guidance......:tongue::tongue::tongue::lol::lol::lol: NCA

• Owner

The problem is the plugs are $40 bucks or so for the set... Then add freight... :spend:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Now the resistors the closest store to me is Radio Shack at 70 miles... But they don't stock the resistors I need to I've got to but a huge multi-pack of them for $20 buck and there is only 5 of each resistor in this pack the rest are throw away in the trash!... :spend:

Then the wire I got to drive 102 miles the other direction to get wire... I'm not sure what a 100 foot roll of 18 AWG go for today... But it not cheap... :spend:

Now it down to the labor of putting it together and packaging it up to be frieghted out... :spend:

If I'm lucky I make $10 buck per setup... Last one I did I end up pulling out of my pocket for $20 more... :stuned: (So I lost on the deal and quit making them!) :mad:

If I lived in Boise, ID where there is electronics stores everywhere I could build a killer setup...:thumbup2:

Remember I don't live in a big city... 3 hours of driving and never see a WalMart... :rolleyes:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPV0cnu7kdc

Part 2

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPwEaSduHYc

Mike,

You figure 150 to install this on a truck....

I just downloaded the smarty software to prep for this and sent you an email a few weeks back....

is that 150 if you ordered parts, put it together and then mailed it to us...

would it be cheaper if we ordered it ourselves???

and then PM'd the heck out of you for guidance......:tongue::tongue::tongue::lol::lol::lol:

NCA

Should look like this when done...

Posted Image

Bad enough I got to get the time to drive to radio shack and get a new switch for my ECT fooler I crushed mine...(Don't ask!)

yes sir eeeeee bob.... I am really only looking at it for the Forced High Idle, to prevent cyl wash and charging purps...dont need 3 cyl cuz I dont envision myself being in subzero temps... ohhh and I envy you not having to put up with a Wal-Mart every two exits on a freeway.....lol GOTTA GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PNW... NCA

not a member of Cummins...cant see it, locked out. NCA

Try this one. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-2nd-gen-all-products/308589-high-idle-fooler-set-up-sale.html#post3253543 Dobienut made it go to advanced reply or something. Dobienut, it's exactly the same. Prowelder has it in the forsale section on this forum now. Works the same and is very clean. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/2184-High-Idle-Fooler-Set-Up-for-Sale!!?p=16517#post16517
  • Like 1

Git my high idle and 3 cylinder idle enabled today at the dealer. The mechanic never done a 2nd gen one before and never heard of the 3 cylinder idle, took him about an hour. Good thing I took a copy of the TSB on a flashdrive, he asked if he could keep a copy for future reference. Sad part no, i can't tell if it's all going to work until it's cold enough :pray:

• Owner

Git my high idle and 3 cylinder idle enabled today at the dealer. The mechanic never done a 2nd gen one before and never heard of the 3 cylinder idle, took him about an hour. Good thing I took a copy of the TSB on a flashdrive, he asked if he could keep a copy for future reference. Sad part no, i can't tell if it's all going to work until it's cold enough :pray:

Simple pull the IAT plug and insert a 56K ohm resistor in the plug. The engine must be cold... Then start the truck and in about 2 minutes of idling it should pop up with 3 cylinder high idle... If not in 5 minutes then the flash is no good...

Ha, never poped any codes for a couple years now and this morning , the day after having my flash I got a P 0237, P1693 and a P1694 on my way to work. Truck went limp for about 5 seconds then kicked in and the engine light came on and stayed on. Started working ok after the 5 seconds or so, and when I came out form work 12 hours later , started the truck and the engine lights off now. I see the map sensor is the P 0237 code for low voltage , wonder if that made it go limp for a few seconds, just like I had no turbo or something. I had my Quadzilla unplugged yesterday when I got the flash and plugged it in later on in the day, but drove it aorund with no issues, got home today and checked to make sure I had the plug in good when i reconnected it, seems ok :shrug:. Coincedince since the flash, probably , but I just have to laugh though :rolleyes:

Try this one. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-2nd-gen-all-products/308589-high-idle-fooler-set-up-sale.html#post3253543 Dobienut made it go to advanced reply or something. Dobienut, it's exactly the same. Prowelder has it in the forsale section on this forum now. Works the same and is very clean. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/2184-High-Idle-Fooler-Set-Up-for-Sale!!?p=16517#post16517

Thanks man for the compliment!!!!!!!:thumbup2: Dobie, that's strange it popped some codes after the flash.... I wonder if the dealer did something wrong??:shrug: