• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Check Gages Notification

New owner & still getting accustomed to my truck ('99 3500). I was reading another thread here in the 24v powertrain forum & the poster mentioned the check gauges notification coming on in his cluster, as if that was an indication of a problem. I noticed this notification on my truck; it will temporarily illuminate immediately after start-up (all gauges indicate normal), and will go out after about 5 seconds or so. I figured this was normal operation but after reading about all the troubles the other fellow was having I now wonder if it is. Is there anything I should be following up with?

Appreciate your patience & help,

Joe in St Louis

mine usually does the same during cold starts, usually it is the oil pressure building(maybe a slow oil sending switch? :shrug:) i run valvoline with the "C" and donaldson endurance filter. it also does it when both grids are hitting for excessive time. it drops the volt-o-meter down to ~10volts and trips the light.