• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wind noise!!

Hey gang,I've got a question. Is there a professional way to seal up the lovely wind noise from the top of the doors? The pins look like they are okay but I've never changed them with 235k on the truck. I've thought about getting some foam weather stripping from the hardware store and sticking that on there, but wanted to see if there was something I'm missing.:shrug:Thanks,Winslow

Probably need all new seals. I spray mine with silicone spray to keep them all perfect. Another thing that nobody realizes is when they slam the living hell out of their doors they smash those seals and over time the door will have a bunch of play in it. I chew out every ford and chevy driver that does that in my truck as dodges actually have doors that shut, when I get in their trucks the door never shuts so I always end up opening it and slamming the hell out of it, and I notice they always have the seal issues...

Probably need all new seals. I spray mine with silicone spray to keep them all perfect. Another thing that nobody realizes is when they slam the living hell out of their doors they smash those seals and over time the door will have a bunch of play in it. I chew out every ford and chevy driver that does that in my truck as dodges actually have doors that shut, when I get in their trucks the door never shuts so I always end up opening it and slamming the hell out of it, and I notice they always have the seal issues...

Well the seals look good. What I've noticed is like the top of the door doesn't close as tight as it needs to to seal. Now with that said, the seals could be flatten too much and not sealing like they should. I can take my hand and squeeze the door a little and the noise will stop. It does it on both doors too.:shrug:

:thumbup2::thumbup2:may have to have a body shop tweak them alittle..or..what i did was stop in at the LMC TRUCK headquarters in lenexa,ks and get new seals all the way arounf for both doors!!!or you can get a free catalog from the them or shop online!!!:thumbup2::thumbup2:

Thanks everyone. I'll give it all a try. I've thought about the tweaking deal as that kinda acts like what it needs. Also thinking about the pin deal. I'll check out the adjustment. Might have to buy some new seals to as this is really bugging me with the strong winds!!:(

I have noticed some noise on my truck as well right at the top center and forward just a bit especially over the last couple of days!!! good luck man

Yeah it's really bad in mine, drives me nuts. I understand in the wind I might have a little, but this seems excessive.:ahhh: So here are my options: 1. Try to tweak the top of the door or try to find a body shop to do it (not my fav. idea :lol:). 2. New seals from LMC which isn't real cheap. 3. Try to adjust my top door hinge some or maybe replace the pins? That's what I have so far. I think I'll start with #1, then move to #3 and save #2 as a last resort b/c it cost money!!:lmao: Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try when the wind stops blowing 30 mph from the north and 30* outside.:surrender:

• Owner

What every you do DON'T add weather seal to the existing door seal this will create a water leak and will do damage to the interior... Some previous owner did that to Mom's 96 and added a chunk of weather strip to the upper seal above the door it cured the wind noise but all had a wet door from the rain dripping in... Worse yet have the dang door freeze shut with a icle hanging inside...:wow: As for the door tweak you can try but you'll find out that door is rather strong and if you get carry away you will do damage ot the door.

What every you do DON'T add weather seal to the existing door seal this will create a water leak and will do damage to the interior... Some previous owner did that to Mom's 96 and added a chunk of weather strip to the upper seal above the door it cured the wind noise but all had a wet door from the rain dripping in... Worse yet have the dang door freeze shut with a icle hanging inside...:wow: As for the door tweak you can try but you'll find out that door is rather strong and if you get carry away you will do damage ot the door.

Never thought about the water leaking deal. As far as tweaking the doors, that's one thing I worry about is breaking the door. I thought I might look at it and maybe do the adjustment on the hinges first. I've never looked too close at them for any type of adjustment, do they just have bolts you loosen or what?:shrug:

thanks for the tip. i was just about to add some weather strip too, i dont got to worry about the freeziing as it never reallly freezes here. but getting in the truck with a soaken seat will ruin my day

had any luck with fix yet?

I haven't. I kinda looked at it the other day just haven't done anything to it yet. The pins don't seem to be loose, I tried to move it up and down and it seems to be okay. I'm wondering if I'm just going to need new weatherstripping...... Too bad that has to cost money!:duh: