• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey guys i have noticed this odd fluctation the last two days with my fuel pressure. What I am seeing is my pressure go from 16-18 psi then it usually starts to fall off when i am slowing down to stop, i will see anywhere from 2 to 5 to 7 to 10 psi with absoutely no engine indication that this is actually happening!!! (i think maybe false indication???) my fuel pressure has always been very steady until last night and today. :shrug::banghead:

• Owner

no i do NOT have a needle valve or snubber installed and the filters have about 4k on them. I have an airdog installed with the drawstraw but other than that the tank is stock and it was about 1/4 tank or so!!!

I'm going to bet money your gauge (sender) is shot and been water hammered to death... Don't take much of that to kill a good gauge... :rolleyes:

Do you have access to a test gauge?

Yea... The next best option to test this out... :smart:

no i do not have a test gauge that might be kinda tough to route into the cab since this only happens while driving. what type of needle valve has anyone used??? to help with the water hammering where would i get a test gauge and a new sender for my edge??? :banghead:

I would think you could sending unit at any parts store. take yours in to match up with something from any gauge mfg.(or look up edge's web site)

• Owner

no i do not have a test gauge that might be kinda tough to route into the cab since this only happens while driving. what type of needle valve has anyone used??? to help with the water hammering where would i get a test gauge and a new sender for my edge??? :banghead:

Cheap $8 dollar needle valve from NAPA (WH6820)...

Posted Image

Then how to set the valve... With a digital gauge it going to be tough...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33ZCc8b-7Q

If you stop the pressure comes back up?

Sorry for the late response but yes it comes back up to normal once I come to a complete stop.

--- Update to the previous post...

Cheap $8 dollar needle valve from NAPA (WH6820)...

Posted Image

Then how to set the valve... With a digital gauge it going to be tough...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33ZCc8b-7Q

Mopar thats a sweet video thank you :thumb1: What size is the valve and will it work with my big line kit?

--- Update to the previous post...

who knows where i could get another fuel pressure sender?

• Owner

Sorry for the late response but yes it comes back up to normal once I come to a complete stop.

Mopar thats a sweet video thank you :thumb1: What size is the valve and will it work with my big line kit?

who knows where i could get another fuel pressure sender?

Ok...

Fitting got to Vulcan Performance to get the fitting you need for the big line kit.

As for the needle valve its a WH6820 from Napa for a whole $8 bucks.

As for the Sender you got to order it from Edge...

• Like 2