• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector Tip Cleaning

Got the other 3 out and did them. Noticed something interesting though. On the video you see how one didn't seal up.. These things are definitely finicky, I put these together with a ton of penetrating oil to try wash dirt away that I cant see and lube them up, this was after I sprayed break cleaner on them and blowed it off with the air compressor. I will take them out in a few months and see if it leaks again, I might have to try some new methods. I think the mill does a much better job than me doing it by hand. Only problem is that polisher gets in the holes, a lot of it. Air pressure doesn't really get it out so you have to stick the brake cleaner into the hole and spray it out and keep blowing out both sides until it is clear. Sticking the pintle in also squeezes a lot of it back out.

post-45-138698174038_thumb.jpg

that's is how i cleaned one of my extra sets about 3 months ago...they look shiney and clean.i used a soft towel..is that a chamie that you used?:thumb1:

It is some kind of car polishing thing kinda like animal skin or something :shrug: Paper towels didn't hold up and cloth stuff didn't cut it either, I needed something with a flat surface yet strong. That thing works perfect.

Well the tips might not really need it since it's not like carbon effects spray pattern much (unless it is over the holes) but the soot goes up into the injector a little so I clean it back out even though I am not sure it really degrades performance because it only builds in the area right where the nozzle comes out of that black tube part. It's also just fun to do :lol: Preventative maintenance I guess. Probably good to go through them every now and then anyways in case they do have something clogging them a little or something.

yes...and nicely put!:drool:

That's good stuff, know anything about fuel pumps?

What do you need to know? I just happen to be thinking of tearing it apart today, I have it out of the truck and everything. This is the carter mechanical lift pump..