• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Expansion plug seeping

Thanks for your reply. I replaced the plug once last year and put a non harding sealer around the edge. It still had some seepage then. I'll install it this time without sealer like you suggested.What did you use to install your plug? I made a jig to pound the plug into block without going to far. My first try I knocked the plug into the water jacket and had to use a magnet to retrieve it.

• Owner

Ok...(My Bad) I thought this was a first time run. :doh: So there is something wrong if you replace it once and it coming back with another leak... So at this point I would inspect the hole for damage. Clean it really good and look closely. Like in my mind to get it to seal I would wipe a coat of silicone in the hole. As for installing normally go for flush then quit... Which plug is this?