• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Says P1694 - No CCD Messages received from ECM

Bus communication failure to PCM.

Maybe loose connection? Have to wait for a VP guy to wake up.

--- Update to the previous post...

Just found that it could be a fuse under the hood, might check all of those :shrug:

--- Update to the previous post...

Also found it could be fuel pump relay and you can swap it with the horn relay to see if it fixes it.

Do you have any other symptoms, all the lights in the cab still turn on, engine still crank...?

every thing seems to be working. engine turns over but does not start, all lights working inside and out. the only thing odd when the engine shut down the tach never droppede to 0. it is at 0 now. going to check relay now no blown fuses. swapped relays and still have horn and no running engine.

ISX where is the fuel pump relay located? that is the way my truck acted when the crank sensor/tone ring went out but it stayed running until i shut it down but my understanding is that was because of the cam sensor.

P1694 is a CCD Network bus issue. The ECM is no long part of the network and is no longer being commanded...

Posted Image

C126 is the connector on the cowling there. It passes the ECM connection towards the PCM you might want to open that connector and check it for water or corrosion...

It the 3 connectors above the valve cover on the little plate attached to cowling... [ATTACH=CONFIG]2354[/ATTACH] I'd shoot a pic of mine but it wouldn't help since I pulled the plate out and move the connector way over on the driver side even more out of the way... But it is right about the injector lines on the cowling.

I am sitting on thew side of the road with no power. every thing works but the engine want run. it just shut down while driving. I have a p1694 and that is all. any body got any ideas of where to start?

How many miles have you put on the current tank of fuel??? Make sure you haven't run out of fuel even if the gauge says otherwise. Ask me how I know??? :doh: Another possibility could be that the fuel filter has frozen or jelled up depending upon the weather conditions. I'll leave the electrical troubleshooting to the pro's who have already posted some great ideas.

well guys, sorry for the delay. had to call a tow truck about 2 and put it in the shop. had to get back to work and had no where to put it to work on it. i checked every fuse, played musical chairs with my relays and looked over all the connections i could find. even went over the grounds again. did not have a lot of fuel but the cannister was full. not alot i could do sitting on the side of the road 500 miles from home. found a local guy who works on partner's ford. seems fimiliar with the ccd system. i hope he is for my wallets sake. appreciate all the response and will let you know what happens.