• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Pressure Gauges

:shrug:They're not that bad considering you get a gauge, sender, etc. I run the Westach 0-30psi package from Genos Garage with the in-dash mount. It's been doing fine for 3 years now. I think I paid right at $100 for the gauge and all and then $20 for the fuel line that plugs right into the schrader valve on the VP.

Here's what I got: Gauge and sender http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WM-FPKT-30 Fuel line http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VULCAN-FH They'll send you the piece to mount the gauge in the dash free of charge - or they used to at least.

Yeah, they say it comes with a black Lexan mounting plate upon request. Where does it mount, exactly? I'm picturing something that replaces an AC vent...

:shrug: They're not that bad considering you get a gauge, sender, etc. I run the Westach 0-30psi package from Genos Garage with the in-dash mount. It's been doing fine for 3 years now. I think I paid right at $100 for the gauge and all and then $20 for the fuel line that plugs right into the schrader valve on the VP.

X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I have the same gauge from same place with 0 issues.

The little cubby hole to the right of the radio. When you have the main dash trim piece off you just unbolt the 3 screws that hold the cubby hole in and replace with the flat lexan piece. It is cut and drilled to fit right in.

Here's a picture of mine:

Posted Image

The little cubby hole to the right of the radio. When you have the main dash trim piece off you just unbolt the 3 screws that hold the cubby hole in and replace with the flat lexan piece. It is cut and drilled to fit right in.

Here's a picture of mine:

Posted Image

Nice, that's a lot better than I was expecting. It'll suck to give up my cubby hole, though... :(

Haha, yeah it took a while for me to get used to it. I now use the ash tray for my cell phone or sunglasses or whatever.By the way I highly recommend Genos - they have always gone the extra mile to get stuff to me on time and help with parts or installs if needed. I order all my oil and fuel filters from them. If you go the Westach route don't worry too much about wiring the gauge light bulb into a headlight relay or anything. I was in a hurry when I did mine and I just wired it to come on whenever the ignition was on - maybe the radio fuse or something. It has been 3 years and the little bulb still works. They offer the replacement bulb I believe for when/if it burns out.

This is what I used... http://cgi.ebay.com/NOSHOK-2-5-Dial-1-4-NPT-0-30-PSI-Pressure-Gauge-NIB-/370204766498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5631ec7122 No problem with the transaction - square deal with fast shipping. The gauge has a stainless case, it is liquid filled (extended service life and reliability where pulsation, vibration and shock are present), and accuracy is ±1.5% Full Scale, ASME Grade A. Purchased the Weatherhead needle valve from NAPA (~$8), a nylon oil pressure gauge tube kit from Advance Auto Parts (~$6), and a brass 1/8"male pipe to 1/4" female street elbo from Home Depot (~$4) to hook it up. I used the cap from a black Rustoleum spray bomb as a gauge holder. Mounted the gauge on top of the dash against the L/H windshield pillar, held in place with a dab of hot melt glue on the pillar & one on the dash. It all works just fine. I probably could have gotten away with not using the needle valve, but I find it useful to bleed air out of the fuel filter after a filter change. It is not backlit, but I also installed a warning light that illuminates when pressure goes below 5 psi. Look good, last long time! Joe in St Louis AKA "Squeaks as He Walks"

• 1 month later...

Well I gave $132 for my ISSPRO mech. FP gauge with isolator. I also got the Boost and Pyro to match. Placed in an "A" pillar mount. I also didn't like the idea of destroying my existing pillar cover to install the gauges so i made my own mounts, see this link. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-non-powertrain/359456-glowshift-pillar-triple-gauge-pod-sucks-suggest-alternative.html :)