• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

factory gauges and stuff with 12 valve motor

Well I finally got my truck back together, an 02 model dually, i ended up just putting a 1997 12 valve motor in it and another used nv5600 tranny. i got really close to going with the c series 8.3 liter cummins, lifted the body up with spacers and mocked it in but decided it was just too big to be drivin around with. i recently bought an 05 model one ton 4x4 with a blown up motor, and I am going to put a 12 valve motor in it or figure out how to p-pump a common rail motor, that would be unique. anybody know or hear of anybody that has put a 12 valve in an 03+ truck? or if you have any knowledge of how the gauges work in an 03+ that would be helpful. I dont see a pcm anywhere, is the whole thing run by the ECM?

• Like 1

or figure out how to p-pump a common rail motor, that would be unique. anybody know or hear of anybody that has put a 12 valve in an 03+ truck? or if you have any knowledge of how the gauges work in an 03+ that would be helpful. I dont see a pcm anywhere, is the whole thing run by the ECM?

Put a 24V head on a CR block and then P-pump it like you would a 24v. I have seen a couple CR origin engines that have been p-pumped.

Man thats great to hear!!! How does the power compare to the 24v? How was powering up all the gauges, throttle cable, and what did you do about fp? thank you.

Put a 24V head on a CR block and then P-pump it like you would a 24v. I have seen a couple CR origin engines that have been p-pumped.

I slid the fuel plate forward and turned the wheel right off the bat so I am not sure how the stock 215 hp compares to the 24 valve. I do know with the pump tweaked on this motor, it runs a lot better than the stock 24 valve it had. The gauges I never did screw with, I rigged up some mechanical gauges (water temperature, oil pressure) and put them in a dual gauge pod up on the top of the dash. I am still going to try and get the gauges to work, I hear you can use a 24 valve harness on the 12 valves sensors and stuff then mount the ecm on the 12 valve and plug it all in, it's supposed to work, but I dunno yet. Lets see... The throttle cable I ended up getting the whole shooting match off of a wrecked 12 valve truck. For the fuel solenoid and the starter, I just spliced into the ignition wiring in the column for all that, used a couple relays for solenoid to get it pull and hold. It's kinda southern engineered, but I am going to make it nice when I get some more time. Fuel pump I just used the stock 12 valve one on the block, figured it was fine. Yeah I hear that, i might do something like that. I can get the kit for a grand from this guy http://www.phdperformance.com/conversion.html sounds like you got to change a few things, I might just go that direction.

Well I finally got my truck back together, an 02 model dually, i ended up just putting a 1997 12 valve motor in it and another used nv5600 tranny. i got really close to going with the c series 8.3 liter cummins, lifted the body up with spacers and mocked it in but decided it was just too big to be drivin around with. i recently bought an 05 model one ton 4x4 with a blown up motor, and I am going to put a 12 valve motor in it or figure out how to p-pump a common rail motor, that would be unique. anybody know or hear of anybody that has put a 12 valve in an 03+ truck? or if you have any knowledge of how the gauges work in an 03+ that would be helpful. I dont see a pcm anywhere, is the whole thing run by the ECM?

I slid the fuel plate forward and turned the wheel right off the bat so I am not sure how the stock 215 hp compares to the 24 valve. I do know with the pump tweaked on this motor, it runs a lot better than the stock 24 valve it had. The gauges I never did screw with, I rigged up some mechanical gauges (water temperature, oil pressure) and put them in a dual gauge pod up on the top of the dash. I am still going to try and get the gauges to work, I hear you can use a 24 valve harness on the 12 valves sensors and stuff then mount the ecm on the 12 valve and plug it all in, it's supposed to work, but I dunno yet. Lets see... The throttle cable I ended up getting the whole shooting match off of a wrecked 12 valve truck. For the fuel solenoid and the starter, I just spliced into the ignition wiring in the column for all that, used a couple relays for solenoid to get it pull and hold. It's kinda southern engineered, but I am going to make it nice when I get some more time. Fuel pump I just used the stock 12 valve one on the block, figured it was fine. Yeah I hear that, i might do something like that. I can get the kit for a grand from this guy http://www.phdperformance.com/conversion.html sounds like you got to change a few things, I might just go that direction.

• 2 months later...