• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My new iquad

JOHNFAK

• Owner

Sorry to sound down on the tech age but... What happens if you forget your iPhone at home or the office? Are you without gauges? How about if your phone rings? How do you talk on the phone and watch your gauges? How about if the battery dies in your phone? Your without gauges again? I got to admit its extremely fancy... But seem like its got a few flaws... Nice part about old school gauges... No matter what there always there. Regardless of the box, programmer, etc...:rolleyes:

He has a real fuel pressure gauge. You can get by without the rest. I think most people know when their EGT gets out of hand and how to keep it under the limit. I could probably get rid of mine and tell you exactly where EGT is all the time. He also has a real trans temp gauge. Thought he had a 3rd but don't remember what it was. Another thing, 12V people live without that lol, so it's not like the phone messing up is the end of the world. I can put EGT/Boost/Fuel pressure on mine if I want, beyond that, not really anything. I would say if you were pulling a trailer you wouldn't pull it out of park without an EGT gauge and I am sure John knows this. In other words, I don't see any problem with it. If I had my way I would drag the whole laptop with me everywhere with all that on it. :drool:

Here's what doesn't add up with "where Mike lives".

He has no cell phone service where he lives...

So on this list:

What happens if you forget your iPhone at home or the office? Are you without gauges?

No reason to take it out of the truck since you have no service.

How about if your phone rings? How do you talk on the phone and watch your gauges?

Won't ring if you have no service.

How about if the battery dies in your phone? Your without gauges again?

Because you have no service and will just leave it in the truck, it will have a car charger.

:lmao::moon:

I would get rid of all my gauges for that thing. So John, is it possible to do that on a laptop? I figure if it's an app for a phone there has to be a program for it for the laptop as well. Then the wifi is also in the laptop so good there. I got to thinking and it would be neat if something showed a spreadsheet of all the parameters your monitoring, as many as you could put on there and still be able to see. Then set limits but not limits that actually change any settings on the engine, just limits for your own sakes so the numbers will turn red when they get out of your comfort zone. Then since you had so many up that you could barely read them, it would automatically enlarge the red one to most of the screen so you could read it easily and after 10 seconds (since you now notice it) have it scale down to maybe 1/4 of the screen so you can see if something else is effecting it that just happens to be in the comfort zone. If 2 or more are red it would just split them up, so 4 reds would just bring all of them each to 1/4 part of the screen. In that case I would say you better just pull over :lmao:

I would get rid of all my gauges for that thing.

So John, is it possible to do that on a laptop? I figure if it's an app for a phone there has to be a program for it for the laptop as well. Then the wifi is also in the laptop so good there.

I got to thinking and it would be neat if something showed a spreadsheet of all the parameters your monitoring, as many as you could put on there and still be able to see. Then set limits but not limits that actually change any settings on the engine, just limits for your own sakes so the numbers will turn red when they get out of your comfort zone. Then since you had so many up that you could barely read them, it would automatically enlarge the red one to most of the screen so you could read it easily and after 10 seconds (since you now notice it) have it scale down to maybe 1/4 of the screen so you can see if something else is effecting it that just happens to be in the comfort zone. If 2 or more are red it would just split them up, so 4 reds would just bring all of them each to 1/4 part of the screen. In that case I would say you better just pull over :lmao:

Don't think possible to do on laptop as they only ported to ipod/ipad/iphone app.

No DROID or other OS.

Sure if you could write apps and hack it could be possible .......

I heard of 1 guy running it on an IPAD - reckon that would be SWEET !!

:)

--- Update to the previous post...

Man thats a sweet setup John!!! Im very much jealous now man. so you are running the quadzilla without the pulse then right?:drool:

Hey HD.

Yeah its cool. Wish they would increase the txt sizes a little bit on the outer gauges.

Yeah no pulse - but thats also another good thing - you can run with pulse or POD instead of WIFI if you wanted to for some reason. You can even sell the IQUAD part of it ...... its just a wifi module that plus into the control port :)

:thumb1: