• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The moment you've all been waiting for "SPORT/QUAD HEADLIGHT CONVERSION"

well i got the driver side done so far other then putting on wire loom conduit. but now i have to order another male connector since i busted one of the pins. my fault never done one before. but by the second one had it figured out.so now have to wait for the second male connector to come. but i'm getting there. not as hard as i thought it would be. i hate automotive wiring lol.

hey man im fixin to start this mod on my truck and was just wondering about the part list. should it be 2male headlight connector cp9004cm and i seen another member jmerritt posted another link for the relays hl87453 and was just making sure that was the right one. thanks for your help and your breakdown on this project

hey man im fixin to start this mod on my truck and was just wondering about the part list. should it be 2male headlight connector cp9004cm and i seen another member jmerritt posted another link for the relays hl87453 and was just making sure that was the right one. thanks for your help and your breakdown on this project

yes you need to order 2 male cp9004cm connectors. one for each side. as for the relays be advised. you can use those relays in the parts list. only place i found them was amazon. but fair warnning they are expensive they are $40 each! and you need 4 of them witch comes out to $160 + shipping. and thats just for the relays nothing else! :duh: here is the link for the relays i used and are only $8 each. and were about $32 instead. http://www.rallylights.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=hl87118

Found a harness through Genos for around 150 bucks. Everything Ive ever ordered through them has been of very good quality, so I think I may order one in the next few weeks. Just shelled out over 900 bucks in parts on the wifes trailblazer, so it wont be this week :banghead: http://www.genosgarage.com/Brite-Box/products/9/

just my opinion, but those wire gauges on that thing look kinda chinsy.

question? i got the driver side harness done. so i went and plugged it in to test it. it dimms up and down ok. but only problem is it is backwards of what it is spose to be? basicly when the blue high beem indecator is on in the dash its on low beem. and when the indecator is off its on high beem? what do i need to check?

got mine completly done. other then maybe adjusting the headlight lens as they are new. can't tell where the low and high beem pattern spose to be? they look same too me just blinks. other that high beem is little brighter?i have another question if one wanted one set of bulbs for the low(9004) and the other one for high beem(9007)another words so there not on at the same time. like the suv lights were since you can't buy them anymore. how would one modify the wiring harness??

• 4 weeks later...

OK Guy's.."The moment you've all been waiting for" Here is a complete start to finish Details on Converting Standard 2-headlight system to a Sport Quad headlight sys. i did a few months ago

Let me tell you it was a P.I.T.A...i had nothing to go on as none of the threads i found on any of the forums involved building your own from scratch "w/Heavy Duty Stuff" ..most of the write ups were people who had bought a pre-wired harness..like the ones for example suvlights.com or others..all reported problems either "fog lights staying on..lights would not turn off, lights would not come on or lights were dimm on bright, etc...

So not finding any information in relation to a possiable wiring diagram i purchased a HD "pre-made harness w/relays from LMC..What a piece of shi$$..i mean lets totally forget that it did not work,{ lights went out or "almost out on Dimm}...this was chineese junk a frigg'n fire hazzard.:cookoo:.cheap light gauge wire i could bite into. connectors that "pulled out after unplugged a time or two..and last but not least.."NO SOLDERED CONNECTIONS, ALL CRIMPPED AND "NO HEAT SHRINK:spend:

SO..after tryin to get around it..I started designing & building my own system. and with much help from..MICHAEL "MOPAR MAN" i eventually completed my own system.."NOW..Im passing this information on to you guys because the lights on these trucks "SUCK"..and this is an Awesome improvment that....well :stuned:..you will have to see for your self.....AND....................I DONT WANT NO ONE TO GO THRU WHAT I WENT THRU BUILDING MINE ..L.M.A.O.:smart::broke:

thanks Michael:thumb1:

Check out link below:

Slideshow

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc389/rburks1/Dodge%20Sport%20Quad%20Headlight%20Conversion/?albumview=slideshow

Pictures

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc389/rburks1/Dodge%20Sport%20Quad%20Headlight%20Conversion/

O.K Guys..Here is a Parts list complete with part numbers & prices. except for the fuse holders, I got all my parts from "Susquehanna Motorsports" http://www.rallylights.com phone# 1-610-944-3233

[*]1-male headlight connector (same as bulb)...............................................#CP9004CM..............7.49ea.

[*]4-Ceramic female 9004/9007 Connectors.......................................................#CP9004CFC.............7.49ea.

[*]4-HELLA Relays, 40A, Dual 87 outs, with Diode.............................................#HL87453...............13.22ea. Option" 4-HELLA Relays, 40A, Dual 87 outs, without Diode.............................#HL87453.................8.00ea.

[*]4-Relay Holders, complete with terminals....................................................#HL87123.................3.77ea.

I got the fuse holders from Advance Auto....."Bussmann INline, 12ga. wires............#BP/HUU...................5.49ea.

In all of this i forget to mention," I soldered all my connections & used heatshrink tubing to make a moisture free system. I also harnessed all the wires in split wire loom conduit that can be found im most electrical stores and some parts stores such as Autozone and NAPA..

well..thats about it..Good Luck and remember "HAVE FUN WITH IT":thumbup2:

Richie

is there any way to do high and low beam hids with quad headlights

is there any way to do high and low beam hids with quad headlights

Sure, but your light output would suck for oncoming drivers, as the Sport headlights do not refract the HID lighting properly. HIDs are designed to be in a concentrated lens.