• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Steering column gauge mount?

no pic but i have one with my trans temp in it. It work fine but it is not the speedo you need to worry about, its when the E-Brake light that is on, you cannot see it. So what i am going to do is splice a buzzer in so it will warn me. I thought i would always catch the e brake before hand but i have gone several miles before seeing the light on.

Alrighty, those wouldn't be much of problem. The E-Brake light wouldn't be too bad either as I always set and pop it off when I stop/start. Just might have to get in the habit of looking over the gauge just to be sure. As long as the gauges are seen easily, I can live!!:thumb1:

--- Update to the previous post...

I wonder if 6' of copper tubing would be enough to got from the exhaust manifold to the gauge? I might have to add on to it.... I guess the nylon tube would probably work for the extension.:shrug:

i think nylon would be fine if inside the cab. that gauge mount looks nice! so what is the purpose of this extra gauge Prowelder?

It's for drive pressure from the turbo. I'm curious to see how the hybrid is doing and at what point it starts to create too much drive psi. Kinda a testing deal, figured it would be handy now and later.:thumb1:

It's for drive pressure from the turbo. I'm curious to see how the hybrid is doing and at what point it starts to create too much drive psi. Kinda a testing deal, figured it would be handy now and later.:thumb1:

which one you looking at ----- I was thinking of getting one for EGT's ........

oh ok so by hybrid you mean hx35/40?

Yeah they don't make a dual gauge for a 2nd gen... But EGT gauges are expensive.:spend:

i wonder why that is???

oh ok so by hybrid you mean hx35/40?

i wonder why that is???

I'm thinking of a set of the 1X2 digital displays that ISX is working with. I bet 2 could be mounted side by side on the column.

Yep the hybrid is the HX-35/40.:thumb1:

I don't know but they always are.

That would be interesting but I'm not a big fan of digital gauges, just too hard to read quickly imo.:surrender:

I helped some yeah. A little more hit up top, for $330 bucks it's hard to beat for a mild upgrade.:thumb1: This is my thread about it: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/295356-generic-hx-35-40-hybrid-turbo-install.html

this is kinda cool http://www.puredieselpower.com/catalog/19982007-dodge-gauge-windshield-above-mirror-mount-p-1360.html
  • Like 1