• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Last night while going down highway going 70 - 75 my truck started to skip / surge. Watching the tach it would jump a bit 200 - 300 rpm, and felt like the trans was slipping or maybe the TC was. Any ideas on what it could be. A solenoid?

70+ mph shouldn't be a TC issue as should be locked up ........I had something similar ......... and never isolated cause ........ but an APPS reset fixed it for me.:thumb1:You can try as it only takes 20-30mins and costs "$0" Else .... Fuel Pressure at time was ????

Thanks everyone for their help. JOHNFAX i am doing the APPS reset now. I disconnected the batteries before and had never had a problem.WILD & FREE how do you go about getting the code through the check eng light.? Wife isn't doing to good, she lost her Mother on the 2nd. While driving back and forth this problem came up, hope mother-in-law not saying anything to me!!

Thanks everyone for their help. JOHNFAX i am doing the APPS reset now. I disconnected the batteries before and had never had a problem. WILD & FREE how do you go about getting the code through the check eng light.? Wife isn't doing to good, she lost her Mother on the 2nd. While driving back and forth this problem came up, hope mother-in-law not saying anything to me!!

With the key off cycle it on-off-on off-on end with key in the on position the 3rd time but don't turn it to start position just ignition on. then read the codes in the odometer window and write them down as they appear. If you do the apps reset they may be erased now by disconneting the batts.:banghead:

On an '02 you can cycle the key on, off, on, off, on without starting the truck and it will show MOST codes in the odometer window. If you see P1693 with no other codes means you need to get the truck scanned with an OBD II scanner. That is a companion code meaning there is/are code(s) in either the ECM orPCM or both.

OK I had done the key thing prior to disconnecting the Batteries. What came up on the odometer was PECM and then ------- and then p-done good right? Checked after hooking batteries back up and found same thing. Will drive it here in a bit to see if fixed now.

mine has set many codes without turning on the CEL. pretty much always check with an OBDII and more than half the time would fing an addditional code. corect me if i am wrong disconnecting the batteries will NOT erase any of the codes. Never worked on mine.

OK I had done the key thing prior to disconnecting the Batteries. What came up on the odometer was PECM and then ------- and then p-done good right? Checked after hooking batteries back up and found same thing. Will drive it here in a bit to see if fixed now.

It should have gone through that same sequence twice first set is ecm second set is pcm there is a few second delay between sets of codes. you should have seen Pdone 2 times. ecm are engine codes and Pcm are the tranny and brake codes.

what was found, Autozone does not check for codes , BAR sued for doing so. Trans problem seemed to be better on the highway but after driving 10 miles it would act up again slightly, at 45 mph at 1400 rpm then jump to 1500 quickly, What else could it be??

--- Update to the previous post...

It should have gone through that same sequence twice first set is ecm second set is pcm there is a few second delay between sets of codes. you should have seen Pdone 2 times. ecm are engine codes and Pcm are the tranny and brake codes.

Ok went back to double check and pdone did come up twice with no codes.

Trans problem seemed to be better on the highway but after driving 10 miles it would act up again slightly, at 45 mph at 1400 rpm then jump to 1500 quickly, What else could it be??.

Originally you said 70-75 mph right ?? So is that issue appear fixed .... but presents at 45 mph now ?? 45mph is lockup speed for when in O/D. So could be lockup/solenoid issue. But I would drive it a bit more and see what happens ...... get a better feel for the issue or more info here. If the 75mph issue is fixed ..... and the 45mph persists .... then when did you last do tranny/fluid/filter change ........

Originally you said 70-75 mph right ?? So is that issue appear fixed .... but presents at 45 mph now ?? 45mph is lockup speed for when in O/D. So could be lockup/solenoid issue. But I would drive it a bit more and see what happens ...... get a better feel for the issue or more info here. If the 75mph issue is fixed ..... and the 45mph persists .... then when did you last do tranny/fluid/filter change ........

Been awhile, about 25000. Went to find ATF Type IV today to see how much $3.99 at wally world for there brand but only had a few quarts. $6 everywhere else local. is anything wrong w/ wal-mart stuff?

As long as its atf 4 it doesn't matter. I would do a band adjustment along with it while the pan is off when changing filter is best time to adjust the one behind valvebody. The other one is and external adjustment.

Is there anything else that i could do, Clean Gov i saw on here somewhere?