• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Manufacturer recommends oil to be changed at the 7,500 mile interval along with other things. I've heard of people going to the full 7,500 and some won't even go past 3,000.I know it's a dumb question to be asking but, I can only come up with 2 conclusions to this.3,000 miles can be pretty costly but, increases engine life as it's being flushed out with new oil. I guess those who can afford will do this.7,500 will be more cost effective in the long run but, you have just doubled the contaminants introduced into the system by doing it at this time. We all know that oil serves us 4 purposes, and that is, seal, cool, lubricate, and clean. Only makes sense that all four of these lack in their respective department by extending the interval.What do you guy's think?

• Owner

what kind of oil are you running Mike and what is a frantz filter???

Chevron Delo 15W-40...

Toilet paper bypass filter that filter down to 1/2 Micron.

Posted Image

More here... These filter work good if Dorkweed can do 80K+ miles on WalMart Unverisal 15w-40

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/1688-80-000-Miles......No-Full-Oil-Change

Not a mile less than 7500. I Worked at a shop that serviced a fleet of dodge 24 valve cummins when I left the high milage one was at 800k lowest mileage one was 400k and they did conoco 15w40 oil and always had 10-12k on the oil changes with just a baldwin full flow filter. These were over the road rigs that pulled 40-45 foot enclosed gooseneck trailers that were loaded heavy, every rig had airbags inflated very hard.

• Owner

Ok... So just for the other people that visit the site what would you guys consider a safe upper mileage limit for oil changes? This of course is using a using a good quality lubricant (petroluem based) and a quality filter like fleetguard, baldwin, etc... I know changing every 3K miles is a waste for sure... :duh:

Ok... So just for the other people that visit the site what would you guys consider a safe upper mileage limit for oil changes? This of course is using a using a good quality lubricant (petroluem based) and a quality filter like fleetguard, baldwin, etc... I know changing every 3K miles is a waste for sure... :duh:

Based on CAJ and W&F = 10k ..... good enough for me !!! :thumb1:

My 8k to 10k are mostly highway and that means an oil change every week and a half or two weeks. I dropped down from 20k because I got scared. WHen I head the head off at 600k the cylinders had all the crosshatching. I use delo and fleetgaurd stratopores. I dont use the non stratopore ones.

--- Update to the previous post...

My 8k to 10k are mostly highway and that means an oil change every week and a half or two weeks. I dropped down from 20k because I got scared. When I had the head off at 600k the cylinders still had all the crosshatching. I use delo and fleetgaurd stratopores. I dont use the non stratopore ones.