• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

awesome job on the dismantle. I did my 4500 a year or so ago, and it wasn't nearly as hateful as others had made it out to be.:rolleyes:I, too, went with the Q4x4 parts. More expensive, for sure, but they're the only only ones that really seemed to explain 'why' their part was superior.Remember this trick when reassembling and putting the bearings back on the rear shafts:put the bearings in the freezer for about 45-60mins prior to assembling. They'll slip right on without having to drive them down.

• Like 1

awesome job on the dismantle. I did my 4500 a year or so ago, and it wasn't nearly as hateful as others had made it out to be.:rolleyes: I, too, went with the Q4x4 parts. More expensive, for sure, but they're the only only ones that really seemed to explain 'why' their part was superior. Remember this trick when reassembling and putting the bearings back on the rear shafts: put the bearings in the freezer for about 45-60mins prior to assembling. They'll slip right on without having to drive them down.

Thank for the tip, I'll keep that in mind. I kinda think I'm going to have to buy a press to get the 3rd gear off/on... :duh: I would love to buy Quad 4x4 parts, just not sure yet if I can afford it. I'm going to see what I can do, maybe I'll sell some more High Idlers in the next couple of weeks....:pray:

awesome job on the dismantle. I did my 4500 a year or so ago, and it wasn't nearly as hateful as others had made it out to be.:rolleyes: I, too, went with the Q4x4 parts. More expensive, for sure, but they're the only only ones that really seemed to explain 'why' their part was superior. Remember this trick when reassembling and putting the bearings back on the rear shafts: put the bearings in the freezer for about 45-60mins prior to assembling. They'll slip right on without having to drive them down.

I thought metal contracts when cooled,should'nt you put the shafts in the freezer so the bearings slip on?:shrug:

I thought metal contracts when cooled,should'nt you put the shafts in the freezer so the bearings slip on?:shrug:

I know what you're saying, but it worked.:shrug: The syncro springs were a bit of a bear to get back together, so I used a pick-tool to aid in it. After a couple of them, it became "cake" to do. The pick tool was used to get the little spring into position, and hold it in the event that it decided to shoot out..

I know what you're saying, but it worked.:shrug: The syncro springs were a bit of a bear to get back together, so I used a pick-tool to aid in it. After a couple of them, it became "cake" to do. The pick tool was used to get the little spring into position, and hold it in the event that it decided to shoot out..

So much for physics class in high school:doh:

So much for physics class in high school:doh:

physics still applies your just applying it the wrong way. the brass will shrink from inside to outside diameter, it happens this way because for it to shrink to the inside would cause significant force upon itself like applying pressure to an arch similar effects the more you press on the arch the stronger it gets. but if you push up from the inside of the arch it crumbles with ease.

This is getting really confusing!!:lmao::lmao2::lol: But the manual from Quad4x4 doesn't say anything about freezing anything so I just follow how it says to do things. Right now I'm still in the saving money mode and trying to decide what to do. I would really like to go with a Torque King and Quad 4x4 parts so I'm trying to gather the money for it if I can.:broke::spend:

What you need to do is freeze the outer race. This will shrink the race and it'll slip into the housing. The bearings themselves you put in a slow cooker or similar filled with oil,this will expand the inner race and they'll slip right on. I've been involved with both and they work really good.

• Like 1

What you need to do is freeze the outer race. This will shrink the race and it'll slip into the housing. The bearings themselves you put in a slow cooker or similar filled with oil,this will expand the inner race and they'll slip right on. I've been involved with both and they work really good.

Now that makes sense. Now if I can just get that stupid reverse gear lock ring off, it's being a pain in the butt!!:ahhh::doh:

--- Update to the previous post...

Do guys know if there is much of a difference in the Torque King SI and the Torque King Gold???:shrug: It's just $260 difference so that's why I'm asking...:spend: