• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

SW5 is the 90hp tune, and SW7 is the 130 hp tune. I get good mileage on SW3 of the Jr, which is the same tune, just labeled 100hp. The timing is the same in all SW's (presuming the TM is the same).Most folks can run SW7 with stock CP3, and some SW9, but not all. Just easier to put a bag of parts on it and ensure your fueling to the potential.

Dorkweed, it sounds like you drive a lot like me. If you're tailgating me that hard, it's clearly because you want to go FAST... so LET'S GO FAST. Usually around 80-85mph, they give up and I usually just :lmao:followed by :nono: and then :moon:.So, on that JR, are you towing at SW3 or do you back it down? Who was it that posted they got 23+ mpg on the Smarty tune? I want to do that! I figure the stickshift and 2wd will help out some, but that's why I want the Smarty... well, that and the spare power. heh.

AH64ID.....I apologize.......you are correct!!!! SW5 on the Smarty Revo is 90HP tune. Had to go out and check!!!!:doh::doh: For what I normally do with my truck.........it's darn near perfect. Plenty of power and plenty of "go" after 4th gear and real good mileage towing and empty. I don't often mess with the tail-gaters unless they're being stupid. A quick "soot job" usually backs most off!!!:lmao2:SW7 on my truck is awesome..............more awesome than SW9. But I cannot tow with them effectively and they don't quite give me the best "all around" mileage.

• Staff

SW7 on my truck is awesome..............more awesome than SW9. But I cannot tow with them effectively and they don't quite give me the best "all around" mileage.

Thats common, becuase SW9 demands more than the OE CP3 can supply and you lose rail pressure and thus performance.