• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm not Mike but I'll throw in my 2 cents. When you talk boost are you reading the MAP reading? That will not show 0. Take the number it shows with the engine off and that will be your '0'. It is showing barometric pressure or something so it won't be 0. As for the AVG mpg the one that shows on the main screen is the daily average. After the truck has been shut off for a certain length of time it will reset to 0. I forget exactly where you go but I think it is in the TRIP menu where you can see the avg for the current tank of fuel.

Yeah, it show's the current, and previous day's readings, it was the previous readings that were gone. I guess there's lemons with everything, but they stepped up and took care of me. We'll see how the new one works out, I really like the unit

--- Update to the previous post...

The SGII does have a few flaws... Like the MAP sensor value is suppose to be PSIa (atompheric) so at rest with the engine not running the reading should be 14.3 PSI (normal atompheric pressure) but it been know that all 98.5 to 2002 Dodhe mis-report this value and 2003 and up report correctly so this is not a SGII problem its a ECM programming issue.

Now as for checking it against my 1996 Dodge Ram the MAP sensor display correctly.

Now which value is reseting to ZERO? (Instant, Current MPG, Today MPG, Prev MPG, and/or Total MPG) :shrug:

yep, you got it, all of them... I mean the previous days and total MPG's... and the engine and tank settings were going back to 2.2 and 15 gals. They stepped up without any problems and sent me one out and just asked me to return mine in the same box that they sent the new one in, with a prepaid label, can't beat that with a stick!