• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AirDog Filters Cross over?

• 3 months later...

Hello Everyone.I use the ADIIJust wanted to ask. I used the BF1275 water sep and wanted to ask how often should that be replaced?The same question for the main filter?Currently I am using the following:FF5613FS19768Any thoughts when compared to what I used before?BF7634Bf1275Was wondering if I should at least put back in my used BF1275 instead of my new FS19768?Thanks

• Staff

The FS19768 is a joke of a f/w sep, I wouldn't even idle the truck with it installed. Go back to the BF1275. The FF5613 is a decent filter, at 60 GPH, but the AD moves more fuel than that. The Donaldson P551315 is what you should run, the BF7634 isn't rated good enough to use.

Thanks,I will put my used BF1275 and remove the FS19768. I think I got about 34K on the BF1275.How often should I replace the BF1275? I hear they can last alot longer than the fuel filter side and what should I look at to determine when to change it?I will order some P551315 for the main fuel side soon but will use the FS5613 in the mean time.

I watch my psi gauge and it stays right at 15psi normally. I changed out the fuel and water sep because I notice the pressure was slowing decreasing to about 12-13 psi max. You think I could be ok with putting back in the BF1275 used water filter for a bit?

• 4 years later...
On 4/4/2011 at 6:00 AM, AH64ID said:

The best filters to run are not what AD supplies. They are decent, but certainly not the best available.

For the f/w sep you want to run the Baldwin BF1275 and for the final you want to run the Donaldson P551315. You need those filters, not crosses. There is more deviation in flow and ratings in these filters and their crosses than any other I have seen, so don't get any crosses.

I don't recommend Wix fuel filters for anyone, I have yet to find one that actually has the same specs as the filter it crosses to.

--- Update to the previous post...

I have added specs in red.

The P551315 is 3um absolute and over 100GPH (don't have the specs with me right now), but is the exact same media (just a little less) as the P551313 "2um" Cat 1R-0750 cross.

BF1275 99% free water, 96% emulsified water sep, 120 GPH.

You can see why I say use the P551315 and BF1275 only.

AH64ID, I've seen a lot of your posts on here and Cummins forum, and follow a lot of what you say in those posts.  I've got a question I think you could answer.  I run an AD 165 and a CAT 2um primary on my dual CP3 setup.  Currently, I use the BF1275 for the f/w, and Fleetguard for the secondary, as I mentioned I have a CAT primary just before the CP3's.  My question is what should I use in the f/f spot of the AD? Or, should I get rid of my CAT primary filter head and just run the P551315?  I know running the P551315 & the CAT is going to be too much and not flow enough, but injectors and CP3's are expensive and I do a lot of traveling through the desert, and sometimes fuel stations are remote.