• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Could be a pinched wire by the sensor. Did you replace the sensor with the bearing, or remove the old one and reinstall? If removed old and reinstalled, could be wire got damaged and shorting out from the removal process. If all is well, have Midas check with their snapon ABS scanner, maybe they'll even reset it for you. I know most inexpensive scanners won't do ABS codes.

No, the new hub/bearing came with the new sensor integrated. I'll have to double check everything. I doubt it's the passenger side.

My abs light didnt go out until i put 150 miles on.Dont sweat the 0500 thats a standard with these trucks.I replaced the speed sensor and i still get them.You could spin on gravel and set it off. Everyone told me that after replacing abs system the light will go out after 600 ft of driving.Not my truck.Give it a wile, i am sure you are fine if you completed the job(pluging them in)

My abs light didnt go out until i put 150 miles on.Dont sweat the 0500 thats a standard with these trucks.I replaced the speed sensor and i still get them.You could spin on gravel and set it off.

Everyone told me that after replacing abs system the light will go out after 600 ft of driving.Not my truck.Give it a wile, i am sure you are fine if you completed the job(pluging them in)

I'm sure I plugged everything in. I'm too anal to let anything slide. I want everything running how it's suppose to be, if not, better and don't want other lights on the dash other than what is suppose to be lit. Im fixing to go outside and double check everything and lay on the the wet pavement (rained lastnight). I'm gonna get to the bottom of this!!

--- Update to the previous post...

I cleaned out the ABS connector and plugged it back in. Drove to the bank to withdraw some money and both ABS and BRAKE light turned off. Had to have been the connection between the plugs -- damn plugs!

It's amazing how much grief a connector will give ya.

Thanks again everyone!

I'm sure I plugged everything in. I'm too anal to let anything slide. I want everything running how it's suppose to be, if not, better and don't want other lights on the dash other than what is suppose to be lit. Im fixing to go outside and double check everything and lay on the the wet pavement (rained lastnight). I'm gonna get to the bottom of this!!

--- Update to the previous post...

I cleaned out the ABS connector and plugged it back in. Drove to the bank to withdraw some money and both ABS and BRAKE light turned off. Had to have been the connection between the plugs -- damn plugs!

It's amazing how much grief a connector will give ya.

Thanks again everyone!

i guess that answers my question from the other thread. happy for you.:hyper:

My truck (1999) just has Rear Wheel anti lock system, but I had the same brake and abs warning lights on. The speedometer was also showing 0 mph until around 30 and then bouncing up to 30 mph and it was accurate over that speed. For me the fix was to replace the speed sensor on the rear axle. The sensor was cheep and available at the local auto parts store (or rock auto on line). I hope it helps.

I dont know how far the bank is,mine takes such a long time to clear. Yes lights on the dash suck.Something funny, i now put my seatbelt on just to have no lights on my dash and it feels good.:lol:

Putting on your seatbelt to turn off that dang light sure does make ya feel like a safer motorist.

I also want to let the antibelt people out there know if you put a small pinch clamp on the beltstrap snug to the seat the belt doesnt dig into your gut and still works fine.I really cant feel the belt at all,and the red belt light goes out.

Alright, someting is going on and I don't like it. Yesterday, I went over to a friends house to clear the codes on my truck. He plugged in and his scanner said the truck didn't have any codes. We plugged and unplugged about three times till I finally said just clear the codes anyway, as if there were. He did and to my surprise the codes got cleared. So today when I got home from work, I decided to cycle the ignition three times to see if any codes would pop up. Amazingly yes, and the same codes I had before were yet again present. My ABS and Brake lights aren't on anymore, but I'm still getting the P0500 and P1693 DTC's. Running the truck for however long to clear the codes isn't going to work because I have already cleared them and have the same re-ocurring issue; I would assume that's out of the question. Could the problem lie on the passenger side hub/bearing/sensor? But if that was so, wouldn't I also have an ABS and Brake light issue like previously before? What do you guys think problem is here? What am I missing or doing wrong?