• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi Guys,

I'm new here real nice site. I came here looking for some info and hopefully some help or direction as i'm really struggling with dead gauges and a no bus odometer on my new to me '01 2500 4x4 5 speed. This truck has been rode hard and put up wet way too many times, but the drive train seems to be in decent shape and it'll work good as my farm truck.

What I've done so far is remove and clean the bolted connector several times in the under hood fuse box, I have also removed and cleaned the under dash by the clutch main connector. I have tried to get codes but the only thing retrievable is 900 920 921 when I do a cluster check, all the gauges function when I do a instrument panel check. The idiot lights were all on while the gauges were not working until I cleaned the main harness plug by the clutch. Now I have no idiot lights except the low fuel and check engine. They do come on briefly when I first switch on the ignition key but after the bulb check at startup they go off.

Sorry for the long intro and post but I am stumped.

Thanks, Mike2995

--- Update to the previous post...

A couple other thoughts I had on this problem, the previous owner said someone stole the transfer case out of it while it was parked at his business and it sat for about a year until he got it replaced. Also If there is a way to get the gauges working but still have no bus in the odometer that would be fine with me, I don't care about the mileage but do need the gauges and tack to work.

thanks

He didn't say but I doubt he remembers as he has several projects like this going and it's been over a year ago. I have an '00 that is about the same as this truck, if I take the pcm out of this one and put it in the '00 that should tell me if it's good or bad, correct?

Not sure.On my 01 slt auto i put my friends ecm on from a slt auto and it worked.I did get a code that was because my pcm.The ecm and the pcm are linked to talk together.It did work and all was good,just that one code.I also tryed his pcm with my ecm.That worked as well.Are they both 5 spds?The time that my friend gave me his pcm he said that the security code is different and my key fob wouldnt open the doors.That is my extent of knowledge on the ecm/pcm subject....sorry.(Or to quote forest gump "thats all i have to say about that"):lol: