• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best fuel filter

I was wondering if anyone knows the best available fuel filter to use. I sound like to avoid installing a fass system and just use the stock system. Let me know your opinions or suggestions. I don't think the car quest filters I've been using are cutting it.

If your gonna stick with the stock filter housing, the best is a Baldwin pf7977, its 5 micron and the others are mostly 7. Cummins recommends a 3 micron but you have to go aftermarket to get down that low. I have been running the pf7977 for a few years without any trouble.

• Staff

Correct the best filter is the Baldwin PF7977. I have called and talked to Bosch and 5um is the minimum they recommend, stock is 7um. Based on current standards the best you can measure is "better than 3um", which there are none for the OEM canister. I would consider an additional filter or 2 on the truck to keep those new injectors alive longer. If you click the link in my sig an the bottom of the page is a link to additional fuel filter installs.

Thanks for the input fellas. Sorry I have not got back for a few days I've been working alot, apparently the power lines over here have more problems than my pickup or none of the other lineman want to work the overtime.