• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I searched a couple of the brands & numbers & found a great deal on ebay motors not long ago. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Fram+CA6818&_sacat=&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=Fram+CA6818&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313 $39.99 + 11.03 shipping same place I got mine. Sold by Fram made by Donaldson & so marked

• Like 1

• Owner

I personally don't agree with washable filter because most times out of ten people deposite dirt and debris on the insideo f the filter by washing the wrong way. Then every time you wash filter the media breaks down more and more taking a bigger risk at opening holes in the media and allowing dirt to pass. As for washable BHAF there is a K&N, AFe, and few others but there media isn't as large as BHAF... Just for fun... My last BHAF which happen to be my first one lasted 135K miles and 7 years... Using the filter minder in the head of it... The filter minder never moved during its life but I always inspected the media. The madia started darkening on the inside so I gave up at that point. So even if you buy a BHAF you really can go a long ways... You got to remember most all roads out here are dirt. :stuned:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

How much vacuum does it take to move the filter minder?

Filter minder is not measured in inches of mercury but in inches of water column. I think the filter minder is moved fully at 10 inches of water column. I've never actually measured it but the the amount of vacuum is less that sucking on a frosty milkshake but no more that sucking good sized 44 ounce drink with a long straw. The filter minder is very sensitive... :stuned:

Mine are trashed around 30k or 40k miles. I like the lower egts but I get tired of buying them. Napa has them on sale the second Saturday of every month in most places. I get mine with a napa account and I think they are around $40. I need to start driving in the places you guys are because i can't make one last 100k miles.

i have no heat sheild on mine. it is completely open under the hood. i have seen no differance in my egt's from my previous set up. i have yet to tow with this set up, but wll be doing that soon. if all remains the same there will be no heat sheild in mine at all.:2cents: