• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cleaning a dirty turbo???

I bought a 2002 and when I got it home I noticed the air box wasn't seated correctly and sucked in some dirt. Pulled off the intake tube and there is dirt and grime on the fins and around the housing,any suggestions on how to clean it other than wiping each blade and what about whats behind the turbine, somthing like some carb cleaner?????????Any help would be great!

i thouhg i rememebred a similar thread that i posted in about this but maybe i am mistaken.I would remove the turbo from the motor because of the RISK of runaway engine, all it takes is to blow that turbo seal and good bye engine, nothing will stop her now.