• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

A/C Leak found!

Well I got to admit I learned something and feel like a dumb arse...:doh: Ok years ago I stuck a piece of hardware mesh in front of the coolers to protect them from bug, stones, etc. What happened is the wind was flexing the screen and rubbing the A/C condenser. If we dig in the archives I'll admit I JB welded the rub marks thinking to protect the line from future damage. Well the damage was done. :banghead: I took the truck to Lewiston, ID to let a tech track down the leak for me. Found out R134A freon mocule is so small it passes through the JB weld epoxy and the tech found the green dye leeching through the JB weld. Sad part is the condenser and the high side pipe are both damaged. So After getting bids around Lewsiton, ID I found out its much cheaper to get the parts through Rockauto.com ($24 for the high side pipe) than a part store ($48 for the high side pipe) or the dealer. ($130 for the high side pipe) :rolleyes: So I got to order a few more parts and get busy again...

So Mike, did you put the died stuff in yourself?

Yeah I did... I comes is a smaller R134a can just a dye pack that you charge up the same way. But what I found out you need the UV glasses and the a good UV light to spot these leaks. :stuned: