• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Been checking my fuel mileage since I installed my 2nd hand motor and running 60-65 been getting 15.2 pretty regiously. (I need to up date my weight on my sig. but anyway I weigh around 11k.) Getting 14 pulling trailer 7k. My best was 16.3 driving 55-58. Now that is stock everything except 5" exhaust and BHAF.Today I put my DDP50hp injectors in and we'll see what it does. I now this eng. is a lot quieter. Next I will put EZ back on. I can say this stock s---- :(

So it's the injectors that that make this VP44 24V rattle, huh, I wondered!I talked w/ a guy that uses his 2001 for his lawn mowing biz. He has his tuner box, paid $500 for it, I don't remember what brand, said he gets 30 set on eco mode. I don't know if he's full os S--- or not! No power tho! No mods just the box!Dave

Dave, No way... 30 mpg working the truck. He must be going by the lie-o-meter! (Overhead display is not adjustable if you run a box... it throws it off.) BTW, these trucks really should have had more gauges with the diesel option... pushing the limit (by adding a box) with no gauges is nuts. Running a truck "with just a box" and no supporting mods does not get the performance as well as not safe for the motor. But people do what they want with their own equipment. I would not.

• Like 1