• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
jlwelding

Fuel Mileage

Been checking my fuel mileage since I installed my 2nd hand motor and running 60-65 been getting 15.2 pretty regiously. (I need to up date my weight on my sig. but anyway I weigh around 11k.) Getting 14 pulling trailer 7k. My best was 16.3 driving 55-58. Now that is stock everything except 5" exhaust and BHAF.Today I put my DDP50hp injectors in and we'll see what it does. I now this eng. is a lot quieter. Next I will put EZ back on. I can say this stock s---- :(

So it's the injectors that that make this VP44 24V rattle, huh, I wondered!I talked w/ a guy that uses his 2001 for his lawn mowing biz. He has his tuner box, paid $500 for it, I don't remember what brand, said he gets 30 set on eco mode. I don't know if he's full os S--- or not! No power tho! No mods just the box!Dave

Dave, No way... 30 mpg working the truck. He must be going by the lie-o-meter! (Overhead display is not adjustable if you run a box... it throws it off.) BTW, these trucks really should have had more gauges with the diesel option... pushing the limit (by adding a box) with no gauges is nuts. Running a truck "with just a box" and no supporting mods does not get the performance as well as not safe for the motor. But people do what they want with their own equipment. I would not.

• Like 1

my DAP 60's made my motor run much quieter all around, infact it is now about as loud as our 6.7.....(with the eb on that is:lol:I should say mpg went up too.