• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How Much Payload Before the Springs Go Flat?

I've got a '92 Dodge 2wd 1 ton Cummins dually with overloads on it. The rear main leaves have 8 leaves, totalling 2 3/4" thick, the overloads are 5 leaves, thickness of 1.5 inches. I've got a line on some heavy scrap iron, but I'm not sure how much weight I can put in the bed before the springs go flat. All springs are in good shape, still have good arch. Any ideas?

I have 5 leafs.The lowest one has a little rubber pad on the front and back and is thicker than them all.Then i have 3 more then a spacer then the last spring. I put 2500 lbs in it and drove 20 miles in the city. The springs came this way in my truck. The guy before me had a camper in it.With 8 you should be ok for a heavy load.How far do you have to go? How bumpy is the road. If you go slow it is better.I had my load bounce and my end gate was down it snaped both straps :doh: