• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Camping in West Warren, Mass... Unbelieveable heavy weather

This is our annual re-enactor's Rendezvous. Because of my disability, we have decided to just set up a primitive "day camp" but it is safer for me to sleep in a camper in the parking lot. The camp was winding down... a lot of folks left after the weekend & more bugged out when they got word of a storm coming. Probably down to a couple of hundred from ~500. After those going home had left, we pulled the truck into the primitive camp area & our neighbors helped us get out canvas tents down & into the vehicles safely. We were in the camper when wave after wave of squalls hit us. We had hail twice... about the size of small marbles. Our camp neighbor was on 15 minutes from home & took some things home & was hit by hail as big as tenis balls & their van was pummeled. We listened to the radio reports & the tornadoes were all arround us... somehome skirted us. Started West of us & passed South of us. Sheila drove out in her Subaru to be sure we had a clear road before we pulled out. We stopped for a McLunch before we got on the Mass Pike (I 90)... could not get near the place... I went into a market lot next door & did a T with a back up & sat on the end of a row while she made a food run. They were using the site as a staging area for out-of-state utility workers. While were there, 7 tree service trucks arrived from New Hampshire. We ate our food & got on the road. It was a gusty, blustery ride home... plus trailer trucks tending to suck me over as they come up. This rig is not fun to drive...