• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Whats the best aftermarket cac intercooler

Hey Gang,

Last week my truck was in an accident, hit in front end and smashing the Radiator & Cold Air charger/Intercooler as well as " Fan, Bumper, Grill, A/C condencer, trans cooler, driver side Headlight and minor damage to fender.:doh:

WHAT'S THE BEST CAC INTERCOOLER REPLACMENT {insurance is paying}:spend::hyper:.. Here is some i have been researching

[*]BD

[*]SPEARCO

[*]HTT

[*]BANKS

I would search as many diesel sites as possible. I have read spearco is over priced but 90% of info i read is good. Bd not so good, Ats, 50/50. I have a factory ic so i have no first hand with any of them, Just what others post. Let us know who you go with.

Hey Gang,

Last week my truck was in an accident, hit in front end and smashing the Radiator & Cold Air charger/Intercooler as well as " Fan, Bumper, Grill, A/C condencer, trans cooler, driver side Headlight and minor damage to fender.:doh:

WHAT'S THE BEST CAC INTERCOOLER REPLACMENT {insurance is paying}:spend::hyper:.. Here is some i have been researching

[*]BD

[*]SPEARCO

[*]HTT

[*]BANKS

A friend of mine replaced his factory cac with a spearco. It dropped his egt by almost 300 degrees, have not heard anything at all about the others.

• Like 1

I would search as many diesel sites as possible. I have read spearco is over priced but 90% of info i read is good. Bd not so good, Ats, 50/50. I have a factory ic so i have no first hand with any of them, Just what others post. Let us know who you go with.

ATS Doesn't make one for 2nd GEN

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd interject.......... Not sure why everyone calls it an "inter-cooler" when what we have is technically a "after-cooler". But if that makes everyone happy then thats fine with me.

The inter prefix in the device name originates from historic compressor designs. In the past, aircraft engines were built with charge air coolers that were installed between multiple stages of supercharging, thus the designation of inter. Modern automobile designs are technically designated aftercoolers because of their placement at the end of supercharging chain.

Interesting how we chose to stick with the one insinuating multiple chargers :lmao: Works for me! Air to Air aftercooler sounds just as neat.

Interesting how we chose to stick with the one insinuating multiple chargers :lmao: Works for me! Air to Air aftercooler sounds just as neat.

It is interesting. It probably started years ago with some car manufacture unknowingly using the wrong term in their marketing.