• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Aluminum Rim Failure

• Owner

Sorry for the delay guys.....here are the pics of the cracked wheels.

Thank you! Relentless70 I thought you forgot about it... :ahhh:

I blow my rims pretty often. I usually find out when I can't find a leak. You must have been hauling too much wood in the bed Mike.

No scales out in the woods but in all the hauling I've done I rarely get to my overload springs... :shrug:

i have LRG tires on my 5th wheel. both tires and rims are rated for 110# psi. i am having to replace one that was stolen and the guy at Discount tire told me he could not find a steel rim rated for 110 only aluminum. have not been able to check that out yet, sounds odd to me.

I'd estimate 110# ea mounted for my dualie steel 19.5s. Pretty heavy.I'll try to remember to throw one on a scale when I rotate next. I didn't know there were Gs for 16s but I'll still roll with the 19.5s. All 10 of mine are, Frito Lay wheels on the truck and the PO put Ricksons or Stockdon SRW 19.5s on the trailer. Easy 20-30k on the trailer with no checking and no wear yet. 20k on the truck and they're still at least 60%.

Sorry to hear of your wheel cracking problems Mike. That really sucks! I had to replace one of my aluminum wheels after the tire was shot and the sheriff dept. vandalized it. It was at the time impossible to find just one aluminum wheel. I ended up having to buy a set of 4 wheels for $400 off of eBay. I keep them for spares and now I am glad I bought the full set of 4. It also lets me keep a couple of tires all mounted up and ready to go in the event of a flat.

I had to replace one of my aluminum wheels after the tire was shot and the sheriff dept. vandalized it.

What? The Sheriff's Department??? Tell me more........

• Owner

Load Range G - 3,750# (7,500#) Load Range E - 3,042# (6,084#) Funny rear axle GAWR is 6,084# for 2500 Dodge Ram's... Hey the rims where a good price and I could pass that up... A set of Pacer 16x7 rims with Load Range G tires 235/85 R16 for $1,100.00... Not bad really...

Looks good Mike! Just think; now you can put twice as much wood in the bed now! WOW it is GREEN there! We have been super dry here, sucking on smoke from the wildfires upwind of us for the better part of the month... Congrats on the new tires and wheels GB

Here is my pics... [ATTACH=CONFIG]2923[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2922[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2917[/ATTACH]