• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have had fuel (off road diesel) for two and a half years now in the farm storage tank. I am just getting ready to refill it. (big $ this time). The tractors run fine. I have thought about algae in it but "thank the good Lord" it has been fine so far. I average that length of time for each refill. Last one was $1.69/gal. if I remember right. One farmer told me he had a problem with algae. It killed the injectors in his new John Deere, a $127,000 tractor.

your neighbor sounds like me, if it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I'm surprised the filters didn't clog first. Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Before the injector is a Edge Filter too so imagine pushing though the edge filter and then the injector...

Posted Image

this is true however we must also realize that the edge is not as tight in tolerance as the Pinter and the nozzles are when in operation, they only move very little.

this is true however we must also realize that the edge is not as tight in tolerance as the Pinter and the nozzles are when in operation, they only move very little.

Thanks for the diagram & explanation guys. Stuff is getting even more complicated, just more things that can go wrong. Dave:mad:

Thanks for the diagram & explanation guys. Stuff is getting even more complicated, just more things that can go wrong. Dave:mad:

as such, any older mechanical truck will take more abuse compared to a CR. our VP trucks don;'t run near the pressure that they do.

I know my mechanical Kubota will run & start on filtered wvo. I wouldn't do it in any colder weather than we are having now but I was running low on diesel & put in about a 1/2 gallon of straight veggie used oil. Today I added a lil more than a gallon of diesel to it & it's fine. It's the last year of the model change over 96 or 97 B7100.

I know my mechanical Kubota will run & start on filtered wvo. I wouldn't do it in any colder weather than we are having now but I was running low on diesel & put in about a 1/2 gallon of straight veggie used oil. Today I added a lil more than a gallon of diesel to it & it's fine. It's the last year of the model change over 96 or 97 B7100.

our tractor is i think an 04 or 05 model and its mechanical injection as well?

they cant be any worse than the factory filter.

yes they are, they are all rated for a multi pass system, talk to AHD64 about filters for the fas and airdog systems.

Pepsi- As I am preparing to install an Air Dog 100 next week, what would you recommend that isn't "crap"? Now is the time to hear this for me... Bob

A separate filter after the FASS/Airdog pump that does a good filtration, IMO while the design of the fass/airdog is good, there is to much filtering going on. For example it filters through the F/W and FF multiple times, however most of it goes back to the tank right after the fuel pump unit, why waste good filter media on that, that is why it is rated with a much lower filtration rate. Does it do its job, yes but it is marginal. Now the last that i did much research i decided to keep running the FASS filters for my FASS 95, being that if i filter the fuel first through that then it should be 90% there, then if i added something from here http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=08-001 it should be good to go. AHD64D sent me here, and fter reading his massive thread on the Cummins forum i just wish i could afford the whole thing.