• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Texas Heat

Seriously... My max temp today is 53*F and raining... I got up this morning in Council, ID to about 38*F... WTH is going on with the weather??? :ahhh:

What, you never heard of "Global Warming"?????:lmao:BTW, it is 51* here now......

• Owner

Ummm... Someone tell Al Gore its not warming here... :duh:

Take notice to all the cold spikes...Very few warm spikes.. Also notice my nightly temps range about 35-45*F still like frickken winter here...

Posted Image

Then take notice the high and low bands are removed... I wonder why? :shrug: But now notice the highs on this and compare to today... Also notice the huge amount of rain...:stuned: And some comments about it being green...

Posted Image

I setup the irragation back in April 1st and still never had to setup a sprinkler to water the lawn... :stuned:

post-2-138698178249_thumb.jpg

WOW I forgot what green looked like:drool: I will trade ya all this record breaking heat for one week of your weather.:lol: This is crazy, man I think that guy was right about the end of the earth he just got his days screwed up. We are supposed to be in the low to mid 90's at this time of year. We have broken 12 records so far this mounth.

• Owner

WOW I forgot what green looked like:drool: I will trade ya all this record breaking heat for one week of your weather.:lol: This is crazy, man I think that guy was right about the end of the earth he just got his days screwed up. We are supposed to be in the low to mid 90's at this time of year. We have broken 12 records so far this mounth.

Then go to... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/4225-Spring-Ride-in-Idaho

Boy, was it like Hells furnace here today. Got up at 5:30AM to let the dogs out, and as soon as I opened the sliding door, the humidity hit me!!! Twasn't hot at that time, but the humidity made the dogs do their "business" and want to come right back in the house, even though I don't have the air on and all the windows were open in the house over night.Worked with a Bud of mine today. We share an account. We team up on each horse so that we can turn them out in just under an hour each. I'll tell you this...........it's hot and humid........mostly humid when I have a hard time catching my breath. All the moisture must displace oxygen or something. Twas a tough and sweaty day today.:duh:

We are getting rain too, look at how it came in! Talk about organization :stuned:

Of course it had to do it when I was making a valve lash tutorial video :banghead: think I got it all though.

Posted Image

Wow you got hay. Round bales are going for 110.00 here in Tx

That reminds me of a few years back when we had a drought and hay was expensive as all get out. Didn't get many bales at all off all that land. We got tons of hay right now though :hyper: Come get some :lol:

That reminds me of a few years back when we had a drought and hay was expensive as all get out. Didn't get many bales at all off all that land. We got tons of hay right now though :hyper: Come get some :lol:

How far is it to your place? 78621

How far is it to your place? 78621

720 miles. I'm not sure if you can have any, the guy comes and mows it for his cows. If you really wanted some I might be able to work something out.

• 1 month later...

Well we broke a record today that was set back in 1923, 70 days of 100 plus degree days. The forcast the rest of this week is 106 :cry:We have only had 6" of rain sence Feb. 26, the grass makes a cracking noise like walking on snow. This drought makes the on in 09 seem like nothing.Just 2 miles from my house is a military base and they started a wild fire that burned up 1500 acres. Thank goodness no houses where lost. What ticks me off is it burned out of any kind of control for 6 hours before the military started tracking dozers to build fire breaks. And would not let the fire dept. in to do anything. It was finaily under control 15 hours later. It took 6 hours before the forest service got a plane down here then after two drops he left and was not seen again untill day light. I helped save a friends farm equiment till 9:00pm when the wind started blowing my way. I came home to neighbors moving horeses, cattle anything worth anything and leaving. I looked at the wife and said were it. Started the water sprinklers and prayed, 2:00am the wind started blowing it back in the direction it came from.Well 6 days later they start another fire, it only burned about 100 acres, then 10 days later they start another fire, it was just under 250 acres. Guess what they call them selves doing, cleaning up old ammo that didnt go off. Well the fire should have helped them out, you think.:lmao:I find it hard to love my gov. these days:mad:This is the second time they have almost burned us out. The first time was in 09 when we had our last drought.Just needed to vent, hope your day is ok:)

• Owner

I've got thing about USFS... :nono:After going through the Poe Cabin fire here in Idaho I will never believe anyone that tells me fire is a good thing... Bulls__t!!! The only thing fire done was line everyone pockets with lots of money.. Huge loss of forest though... I'm still cutting burnt trees for firewood...:rolleyes:

I've got thing about USFS... :nono: After going through the Poe Cabin fire here in Idaho I will never believe anyone that tells me fire is a good thing... Bulls__t!!! The only thing fire done was line everyone pockets with lots of money.. Huge loss of forest though... I'm still cutting burnt trees for firewood...:rolleyes:

Funny thing around here during dry years is that most prarie fires are pretty much guaranteed to be on the indian reservations. They start them on purpose because the govenment pays the reservation natives huge amounts of money to fight them. So they keep starting them to keep making easy money. It does the prarie great to be burned off though as it revitalizes it like nothing else the next year.

My friend in Texas said they felt like their living in hell. But would rather that right now instead of what their going through in New York. Just heard Manhattan rivers on each side are starting to over flow, per the news, and with the rain and winds, it's going to be very rough. My friend in New Jersey lives 2 blocks from the beach and took his family to another state for their safety. He hopes they have a home to go back to when it's done. Hang in there Texas, it's hot and dry, but sooner or later the gulf will change and give you back the rain. Hope not to fast thou and cause flooding.