• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Texas Heat

Oh so you're the one providing all this heat :mad: We hit 95F here a couple times last week. Make you some kool aid :lol: I assume your a/c in your truck works, I found out you can't drive fast enough to keep cool with the windows down when it's that hot haha.

Quit your beachin'!!!:lmao2: At least you get acclimated to it when you get it day after day!!!! I used to live in Amarillo, so I know Texas heat............but it's a "dry" heat in Amarillo.:doh::smart:We had, in my parts, mid/upper 90's last week for 4 straight days along with the un-Godly humidity. After the 4th day of that crap, a front comes thru, and it doesn't get over 55-60* with howling NE winds off Lake Michigan for the next 3 days!!!!! Talk about shock........one extreme to another!!! We've been cool and mild now for about a week, but they're calling for another temperature shock early next week........back to the hot and humid.If it never got over 75*, this cowboy would never complain!!!:2cents::cool:

Thursday it's going to be 104, Friday 105, then Saturday we have a cold front coming in it will be 101:lmao: You got to laugh or cry one.My pasture is brown for the most part. Spent over 3k in fertilizer:spend: Now thats something to cry about:cry::pray:

Thursday it's going to be 104, Friday 105, then Saturday we have a cold front coming in it will be 101:lmao: You got to laugh or cry one. My pasture is brown for the most part. Spent over 3k in fertilizer:spend: Now thats something to cry about:cry: :pray:

No brown pasture here. Knee high or better and you have to be carefull not fill your rubber boots when checking cattle:duh: I hope you get some rain cuz we have more than enough.

Thursday it's going to be 104, Friday 105, then Saturday we have a cold front coming in it will be 101:lmao: You got to laugh or cry one. My pasture is brown for the most part. Spent over 3k in fertilizer:spend: Now thats something to cry about:cry: :pray:

Fertilizer don't do squat without rain............but you probably know that by now!!!:smart::doh:

it's been in the low to mid 80's out on the east coast of nc this week. humidity is low for now also. very pleasant. in a bit of drought. we could use some rain. great weather for getting a building out of the ground, but the farmers aint loving it.

South Texas... Heat, check. Illegals & drug runners, check. BFS (Big Friggin Spiders), check. North Dakota in the winter.... -60F, check. Living in a Man-Camp, check. Colorado, pleasant 70-80F days in the summer, teens to 40F in the winter, check. Wyoming. Colorado with an extra helping of WIND. Check. My work takes me to all these wonderful places! Why couldn't God have made volcanic soil produce oil? Then I could work in Hawaii! :cool:

So, what kind of work do you do CSM?

Well, my profile says Oil & Gas engineer and Project Manager - MSM Frac Mapping.

I end up travelling (in a ford explorer :shrug:) througout the rockies for microseismic monitoring of hydraulic frac jobs.

A cool part relevant to this forum is that hydraulic fracturing pumps are usually powered by V-12 or V-16 Cat or Cummins engines.

Here are some pics of frac pumps I get to work around each month... Lots of :spend: diesel. Schlumberger and many others have the same sort of pumps, but I have Halliburton pics handy.

Halliburton 4312 cat powered 2000 hp pump

Posted Image

Radiator shroud for BIG 6cyl inline cat

Posted Image

Requisite truck pic, the day I brought my Ram home

Posted Image

And, last but not least, Old Glory and the Gasden flag

Posted Image

• Like 1

Frac'ing, short for Hydraulic Fracturing is the pumping of high pressure (10,000 psi) water & sand into oil & gas bearing rocks. The fluid makes small cracks in the rock, and expose more formation area to the wellbore. These cracks are filled with sand to keep them open, as the water flows back to surface followed by oil! Think of fracs as making a BHAF for high flow underground. :lol:

Microseismic mapping is the mapping of these fractures using similar tools to how they track earthquakes. We lower these geophones down nearby wells on a wireline unit and listen to the frac...

A while back I was in frac full time, but I now do the monitoring. The engines are cool, starting a Cat 4312 off a PTO from a kenworth is fun. When you have 10-14 pumps on location, you have around 20-28,000 hp rolling. It can be very neat. Mabe I can post some photos tomorrow from my work computer...

We used to have an old A model pump that didn't quite have the fueling or turbos it used to, we used to joke that it burned wet leaves. It would smoke like crazy when it was ramped up from idle. It definitely rolled coal, but it ran. It also got less power than the non smoky pumps.

Sorry for the hijack.

edit- pics of snow to make the OP jealous :evilgrin:

heres some pics of the lease roads out in Western Colorado in the winter

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

ok, this is all i have for now. I guess its fair, you guys are answering my questions about my possessed truck. :pray:

Wireline lubricator. wireline winch cable runs through this under pressure to bring the guns down to perforate the casing.

Posted Image

really pretty frac picture.

Posted Image

Rigging in. There were 13 semis and 6-8000 hp in this pic 4 hours later.

Posted Image

Looking out at the high pressure iron, you can see the fluid ends for the frac pumps.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Nice! I love the pic of the lease road since I've worked in oil field construction building leases. But we've got nothing like that here:ahhh: Around here they're going like mad into the Bakken so we see all that equipment around here but I've never known some of the details you wrote about.

• Owner

Hijacking threads... :nono: But its all good here we aren't going to bite your head off about it but we might slobber all over your pictures though... :drool: Very interesting about the oil field info... :smart: But as for the cold icy pictures I've had enough of the cold... Seriously... My max temp today is 53*F and raining... I got up this morning in Council, ID to about 38*F... WTH is going on with the weather??? :ahhh: